19. Test failure

Huge bonus for my dear little goose baby <333

I want you guys to concentrate in this chapter cos there are many important details (like the actual meaning of omega) in this.

*********************

'Looks like I fucked up really bad. God, save me!' Jeongguk thought as he stared at Namjoon's red eyes. 

Namjoon directed his glowing eyes at Taehyung for a second and that was all it took for Taehyung to get away from being an obstacle between him and Jeongguk. 

Within seconds, Jeongguk realized by the way he now stared down at the floor that he wasn't going to have Taehyung's support against the leader of the pack anymore. 

"I'm sorry, hyung" Jeongguk mumbled. 

No answer. 

"I'm sorry......" 

No answer. 

"......."

No answer. 

Almost fifteen minutes passed that way with Namjoon simply boring holes into Jeongguk's face with those glowing red eyes of his. 

Jeongguk tried apologizing repeatedly, but Namjoon gave no answer. He just kept glaring at him. 

'Is this what Seokjin hyung meant when he said it would be hard to bear? I'd rather he just yelled at me' Jeongguk thought and decided to start explaining himself instead. 

"Hyung, I-I just came here because I had a doubt in Th-Thermal Applications. T-Taehyung hyung told me that he was coming here for homework and none of you were there in your rooms so I figured you guys must have been here......"

Jeongguk could hear Hoseok and Jimin sigh from the sidelines, but he was determined to continue. He couldn't bear the silence anyway. 

"Hyung, really, I am very sorry. I won't repeat it. I am really very sorry, it just really hurt very bad that all of you were partying and leaving me alone, I mean, I don't mean that's why I came today, cause I came for a doubt in Solid State Physics.....umm...I-I mean, Thermal Applications....I-..."

Another sigh, this time collectively from Jeongyeon, Seokjin and Yoongi. Nonetheless, neither did Namjoon say something, nor did he stop glaring at him. 

The silence was starting to grip Jeongguk's throat like a vice. He looked left and right without actually turning his neck, trying to come up with something else to say. When nothing came to his mind, he just got to his knees instead, and joined his hands together. 

"Please forgive me, hyung. I am really sorry. Please" he whispered. 

When Namjoon still said nothing, and when the silence literally started to suffocate him, he hung his head down and let his hands fall limp by his side. 

"Please say something" he whispered and let the tears in his eyes roll out of their boundaries and watched as each drop hit the cement floor under them. 

"Please, hyung" he whispered again after a while, and everyone in the room could hear the wetness in his throat even through his whispers. 

"Sorry won't even cut it" Namjoon eventually said. "Your curiosity cost you my trust."

"I know," a sob tore out of Jeongguk's throat, but he quickly clamped his hand against his mouth to snub it. 

"You know what the foundation of a pack is, Jeongguk?" Namjoon asked. "Blind Trust. We should be able to trust each other blindly with our lives. Can I do that with you, Jeongguk? Can I, when you failed such a simple test?"