❆Second Chance (05)

~J A C K S O N~

"I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU'D MAKE HER GO WITH US! You said we would go with Theo and let him pick the damn tree!" I growl, my hands clenching and unclenching.

"I did say that I really did but we had one condition!" He shrugs.

I slam my head against the armrest, my legs swinging on the other. With a groan, I get up from my seat, walking into our kitchen. Grabbing an apple on the table in the fruit basket, I bluntly take a huge bite only to find some blood on it; which is probably from my gums.

"Stop being such a baby, Jack!" Austin yells from the living room as he enjoys playing his games. We just got home from the bookstore and he immediately ran to it.

"How am I being a baby, you d-"

"Tut tut tut tut!" Austin yells, cutting me off. "No swearing in this house, big boy!"

I growl. "You swear all the time!"

I hear him laugh. "I pay a lot here, man!"

"You know what? We are not going to that kind of argument right now."

He continues to laugh as I make my way to my room, slamming the door not so hard. No matter what happens or what is going on, I will never slam my precious door. Who knows, it can get revenge so much to the extent that sometime later on, I will really need my door closed.

Grabbing One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston, I hop onto my bed. Before getting started, I look around the room in case anyone is looking and quickly grab a snack pack from the drawer under my bed. It contains amazing binge eating materials.

It cost me a fortune but it was worth every penny. Especially if this was what my dad used to do.

I would creepily look around to see if it's clear, and when it is, I would ninja-style my way to my dad's room and steal a snack pack. He wouldn't notice until he reads a book and needs one. It was funny to see his reaction sometimes.

Ting!

The notification of my phone triggers in the back pocket of my jeans and I fish it out, checking my messages. One new message from Lily and a few ignored messages from others.

Opening Lily's message, I visibly smile to myself as the message reads;

I really think Austin should control his swearing. -Lily

I laugh to myself as I write out a reply.

If only it were that easy for him. What has you so sensitive about swearing anyway? Many people would brush it off. -Jackson

Well, I'm not many people and it just brings back memories I'd rather not want to think about right now. -Lily

What are you doing? -Lily

I sit up straight, unusually putting my book away. Staring at my snack pack, I wonder if I should continue eating it. But then what would I eat when reading if I run out? I should just put it away and make myself something to eat. Good idea, for once.

I was just about to read a book, what about you? -Jackson

I am currently reading a book while texting you. ^_^ -Lily

I get out of bed, strolling to the kitchen with a small grin on my face.

Which book are you reading?:) -Jackson