❆Second Chance (12)

~J A C K S O N~

I REALLY THOUGHT TODAY WOULD BE A GREAT DAY, but it definitely turned out to be amazeballs. Note the sarcasm. Firstly, my morning started without coffee because the machine was broken.

Austin was not in the house and I didn't know if I should be worried or relieved that my morning was a little peaceful. But of course, it didn't last long since bad things always came my way.

I mean, sometimes. . .

Austin arrived just when I was about to leave for the bookstore and he was intoxicated and he was crying. Again, I didn't know if I was supposed to be concerned or relieved that he never turned out to be another found body on the streets.

I was relieved that he was not though, but I was troubled because he was drunk and crying. Austin is never drunk, especially when he is nearing Christmas. Austin was almost just like my dad, he liked picking out the impoverished children and he would take them out for some time.

Austin was drunk and not just drunk where his words would slur and he would fall around lazily. Nope. He was drunk where he would stop at a stop sign and wait for it to turn green.

I was even more uptight to see that he was crying. I MEAN Austin, crying? That's new and something I should really be concerned about.

"What the hell happened to you?" I yelled at him, struggling as I guided him to his room.

He started laughing but stopped. I looked at him and saw he was crying. He was sobbing. I couldn't understand why he would be crying because Austin was optimistic and such a fun person.

So what could have turned the happy and funny Austin into a crying, drunk stinky mess?

He didn't say anything when I asked him what was wrong, rather, he fell asleep with tears still streaming down his face.

Should I stay? Or should I go?

I decided to write him a note, leave him a glass of water and ibuprofen on his side table.

Call me when you aren't drunk and sobbing. Whatever turned you into what you were this morning, I want to hear about it.

Jackson.

P.S. I left you a glass of water and ibuprofen, take it then call me! I'm not kidding. I'm actually worried.

So right now, I am in my car with Lily speaking my ear off. Don't get me wrong, I love it when Lily speaks so much to me. She has a lovely voice and I would listen to it all day long but I am just worried about Austin.

I am glad we don't have any alcohol except wine in the house. Or I would have gone home with Austin drunk, again. I just hope he calls me.

He can be a stubborn a$$.

"I'm sorry if I'm boring you! I'm just really eager to go out with you. I haven't been out lately." Lily says sheepishly. I shake my head no, raising my brow as I grin her way.

"Of course you are not boring me! You could never, no matter how much you tried." The words leave my mouth so rapidly that I am not able to stop myself. "You haven't been out lately? Well, let's make the best of today's adventure."