❆Second Chance (20)

~L I L Y~

THE NEXT IS BETTER THAN I EXPECT. I had a better good nights sleep and I was awake before my alarm could wake me up. I borrowed one of Mia's pencil skirts, one that was a little looser around the waist. This time, I wore a red blouse. The same as the one of yesterday but different colour.

I had breakfast with the family, said goodbye to Rose and than left to pick up Alex and Zeke. Zeke doesn't go to school until next year in February.

Lucky him.

I remember we used to attend school in the third or fourth week of January.

"So, are you going to explain to me?" Alex asks, facing directly at me, a knowing smirk on her face. She so reminds me of Mia and Nates pestering about Jack. "You can't keep hiding this away from me, babe. I'm back to my old self and you're going to tell me every single detail."

I don't hesitate and I tell her everything. From the beginning when I started working at Jack's bookstore. Everything was normal but we just started to become friends.

Then, I met Linda and she would always talk about how Jack was an amazing guy and how she would be lucky to have him if she was his age or younger.

Then we just started to hang out, leave the store without letting Linda know and enjoy the afternoon together. The moment I started feeling something in the pit of my stomach was when we had a snowball fight.

It was when we walked back to the bookstore and he invaded my personal space. I don't why, but I liked it. Than we started hanging out more often and I just started to fall in love with the idea of spending so much time with Jack if we were actually together.

Alex eyes are wide, a twinkle in them like the starry dusks. "Wow, he is so sentimental! I am going to cry, my Lily is falling for the bad boy!"

I roll my eyes, slightly agitated, "he is not a bad boy, Alex. Yes, he teases and his touchy but that doesn't make him a bad boy. That was years ago anyway. He is just soft and caring and . . . Swoon-worthy."

"You're blown away, girl!" Alex laughs, nudging me with her elbow. "You're whipped babe and it's cute!"

Alex can be something else sometimes.

✎✎✎

Alex and I stroll into the bookstore, gigglyng silently to each other. My heart feels light everytime I enter the bookstore now, it feels like something good is around and I know that something good is Jack.

"He was good-looking back in the day though," Alex compliments, reddening scarcely. "I never saw Austin since high school. Is he still friends with Jack?"

Alex is positively interested and I can't stop my giggling. "Yup. And they live together! Which you will see him sooner or later. You would have seen him if you came with us tree hunting!"

I greet everyone and they greet back with smiles, nods or salutes me with two fingers. Alex whines beside me, sulking. "Too bad I was busy!"

I smile at her and we burst out giggling like high school girls talking about the sexy bad boy players. Except, we are now adults and talking about bad boy players of years ago when we were still inexperienced to fall for their looks and sweet talk.

Linda saunters toward us with a tremendous grin on her scarcely creased face. "Girls!" She greets, her eyes moving toward me. "Jackson wants to see you in his office."

Alex jabs my side presently and I laugh, my cheeks warming up. I stalk towards Jack's office, wondering why he wants to see me and I just got here anyway. When I enter the office, my smile promptly vanishes. The red on my cheeks are replaced with bitterness and darkness at the same time.