Second Chance (29)

~J A C K~

(Short chapter ahead).

✎✎✎

"I bought you a present," Lily mutters, grabbing something from her handbag. She hands me a phone-sized box and steps back, glowing shyly. I continue to stare at her and she rolls her eyes, "open the box."

The box is perfectly wrapped like it took ages to get it to perfection with a little red bow on top of it. A small smile erupts upon my face and I start opening the present, slowly, taunting Lily. She seems to get impatient as she hops from one foot to another, her eyes set on the present.

I laugh and finally start ripping the paper off. Inside is two golden necklaces, my brows furrow and I take them out. My mouth forms an 'O' when I feel how heavy it is.

"Shit, Lily, it's heavy," I bite down my lips and look up at her, "this must have cost a fortune, it looks like real fucking gold."

Lily seems stunned for a second, probably by my swearing. Damn it, it came out of nowhere, "sorry, this is so heavy and looks so expensive."

The one necklace is a heart and has "I Love You Always -Jack" engraved on it. The other one is two swans forming a heart, it has the same words as the heart but has Lily's name engraved on it.

"Lily, I-"

"If you don't like it, I can always take it back. Please, don't hesitate to-"

"No, hey, I love it. I love it, it's amazing thank you."

Lily looks scared for a second, "are you sure? I mean-"

"Come here."

Lily hesitates for a second before she stalks towards me, her lips centimeters away from mine. I pull her taut against me, pressing my lips down her forehead until it meets hers in another passionate kiss.

"You're cute when you're shy," I mumbled under my breath, my hands caressing the back of her slim neck. "You're beautiful when you're you. And that is what I love about you, Lily. I love you."

I turn her around and she looks confused but when I start helping her put the necklace on, she smiles. She helps me put the heart one on and I lead her to the bed.

"Wait here."

I hurry to my small closet, right at the bottom of all my clothes, I grab Lily's present and walk out.

"I got you this but I really didn't know what you liked more, so. . ." I trail and she flushes.

She sits up straight, her dress slightly sliding up her thigh which catches my attention. "You didn't have to."

I shrug, "it's alright."

I hand her the box and she starts opening it, not wasting any time. When she sees the small velvet case in the corner of the box, she quickly opens that first.

"Oh my God, Jackson Stone. You didn't have to get me a promise ring!" Lily sobs.

I can't help but lick at my bottom lip, proud of my gift. "I did, actually. I want you to trust me and our relationship."

Lily is now crying, her eyes set on the ring I got her. I take it from her and slide it on. She outstretches her hand to get a good look at it and giggles.

"You're amazing, thank you!"

Once she has viewed everything in the box, she hugs me. "The moon-shaped night light is so gorgeous, thank you! And the magnetic I love you necklace, it's gorgeous. Now we both got each other necklaces!"

"Whatever you do Lily, I am proud to call you my own beloved."

✎✎✎

Lavender-scented candles and the sulfurous smell of crackers reached my senses as Lily and I strolled to the dining room filled with family and friends. The scrumptious smell of goose grease wafted into the room, sifting out the other smells.

The star flash of tinsel glitters brightly and ribbons of flame dance in the hearth of the fire. The atmosphere simply makes you feel happy: people you love gathered around; Christmas songs are played in the background; the house is as bright as stars because of the light reflection; the Christmas tree is beautiful with presents filled up underneath. The table of my place is set up beautifully.

I glance at Lily next to me and as if feeling my gaze on her, she looks up at me. My eyes are always thirsty for one sight of her. And just a glimpse of that beautiful face, makes me go crazy.

I have fallen in love with her luminous eyes, which are my both realms. I have fallen in love with her smile, which is utterly infectious. I see her in my dream all night long, and when I wake up in the morning, I only want to see her.

I love perished from myself but fallen for her. She is my accompany on my lonely journey. Having her in my life is a godsend. She is fearfully and wonderfully created, and not a single soul ever is just like her. God in his endless love for her made her on motive, for a reason, and he made her beautiful. He made her beautiful more than himself.

I love her. Always.

☃️☃️☃️

i entered the Wattys but i have such little faith in myself, lmaaooo! 😅

i appreciate you taking the time to read my story, i am grateful for your support. this story needs editing and revising. a lot of that haha! please vote, comment and if you enjoyed this, share. there might just be an epilogue, or maybe a second book! love you guys, byee.