Second Chance (28)

~L I L Y~

MY HANDS TRAVEL ACROSS THE DRESS'S HEM, a smile on my face as I think about wearing this tomorrow. It's been four to five weeks since Jack and I were official and we are going as strong as ever. Christmas dinner is presumed to go great tomorrow and I am so impatient to show Jack my dress.

Though I never wear a lot of make-up, Mia got someone (an old friend) to do our make-up. I didn't want to look like someone caked me on my birthday. I want it to be light because Jack tells me all the time he loves that I wear such limited make-up.

I feel wholly gorgeous when I'm around him and he makes me feel like having scars on my body is the strongest thing a girl can have. I never liked how I looked with bruises on my face and scars on my thighs and back. The doctor thinks it will fade but I doubt it.

I have been checking up with a doctor every once in a while to make sure nothing has worsened.

I feel like a new soul have been replaced. I'm still me, just a contemporary me. A youthful and very gracious me.

I am no longer stuck in the dark with my daddy issues. I know that Mia and I were not wanted by our father. I know that my father used my mother at first, but fell in love with her. So what if they had a deal? My mom loved him. The heavy weight on my shoulder that made my life the worst, is gone and I feel like love done that. Jackson, done that and he doesn't even know about it.

"Are you listening to me, Lily?"

I shake my head to get my thoughts intact but when I look at Mia, I know she thinks I shook my head to say no, I wasn't listening. "What? Sorry, I was in a state of mind."

Mia rolls her eyes, laughing, "I can see that, what were you thinking about?"

I shrug, "I was just thinking about how my life has gone from fatiguing and dull, to exhilarating. . . and tremendous."

"And it's all because of who?" Mia smirks, pointing to herself using her thumb, "me! Your remarkable sister."

I decide to taunt her, "it was actually Jackson, to be honest. He turned my life upside down in the most lovable way."

Mia squeals, a reaction I wasn't predicting. "My little sister in love! Do you see that, Rose? Aunty Lily is in love!"

I glance at Rose and she giggles at me, "aunty Liwy is love for uncle Jackson!"

Mia cackles, "she is."

We spend the rest of the afternoon speaking about everything and nothing. Zach is back from work before we thought he would be and the evening is filled with us spending our time in the kitchen.

"Damn it, I forgot! Alex is coming over tonight, it's okay with you guys, right? Zeke is coming as well." I let out after forgetting to mention it earlier.

I lean across the counter, my arms propped up on it. Mia and Zach sits across me and Rose is in the living room. Mia looks up at me from eating her peanut butter straight from the jar.

Mia nods, "that's okay! It will be more of a girls night."

"Hey, and what about me?" Zach objects.

"I can call Jack and Austin over for you, if you'd like?" I offer.

Zach grins, "that would be appreciated. I don't feel like spending time doing toe nails and laying face masks and shit."

Mia laughs, "it would have been better if you did it for us."

"I would rather do it for you then for everyone else."