❆Second Chance (09)

~L I L Y~

"I'M HEADING OUT!" I yell as I walk to the front door.

I am so craving for a steaming cup of latte and only Coffee Boutique can satisfy my needs right now. Alex and I would get our coffee from Coffee Boutique before school starts and sometimes, only sometimes, we would mix a little of our drinks together only to have it taste like heaven.

Fun times.

"Wait, do you not need a ride?" I hear Nate ask as he strolls over to me from the kitchen.

I shake my head no, gratefully smiling. "I can take my own car, it's okay. Thanks though!"

He nods, smiling and walking back to the kitchen, probably to finish up his breakfast. Before I can leave again, Rose's cute harmonic voice calls my name out and I look to the living room where she runs towards me.

Rose holds out cherry-red hands wide for a hug, her mittened hands looking so sweet and comical. The extra-thick wool and elaborate stitching made them look so much larger than usual, but that was Uncle Jim, always showing his love through knitwear. Uncle Jim is Nate's step brother.

I bend down to her level, embracing her small figure in my arms and placing a soft kiss on her forehead. She giggles melodiously and I grin, gently pinching her nose with my index finger and my thumb.

"I will see you before seven, yeah?" I wipe the little smudge of toothpaste on the side of her mouth away and she kisses my cheek.

Mwah!

"What should I bring? Hmm. . ." I put on a thinking face as she copies me, smiling a little.

"You boyfwiend!" She shouts, jumping in my arms and my eyes widen.

I glance up to Mia and Nate, narrowing my eyes at them. They start laughing with mocking shrugs and I groan. No matter how many times they forward me to make a move, it's not happening. Jackson is simply just a high school friend. Who cares if I get a little flushed when he compliments me or when he absentmindedly tucks strand of hair behind my ear.

That's just his maturity kicking in (I think). Though Jackson is so flirty and touchy, I know he probably has someone else he fancies and it's all okay.

"Auntie Lily doesn't have a boyfriend, sweetie," I kiss her cheek, standing to my feet to avoid anymore conversations of Jackson and me.

I shouldn't have told Mia about yesterday's little show because now everyone is going to continue teasing me until I cannot take it anymore.

Mia used her hairdryer and hair iron to do my hair and had the audacity to make my bangs stand out. Just because I told her that Jackson wanted to see how it looked on me because I didn't like it.

To say I wasn't nervous of his reaction, would be the biggest understatement. I'm afraid to the point that I might just pee my pants. The butterflies in my stomach just won't take a break.

"I have to go now, I'll see you guys tonight." I wave at them and leave the house as quickly as possible.

Phew!

✎✎✎

Peep,peep!

"Come on, Alex!" I shout from my car, smirking as I see a couple next door open their curtains to check who the crazy lady is.

I catch sight Zeke's head peaking out at the window and the next thing you know, he is running out of the house and towards my car. He isn't dressed appropriately for this cold weather. He literally has tracksuit bottoms and a blue t-shirt. No jersey, or shoes or a scarf.