❆Second Chance (27)

~J A C K S O N~

I SMILE AT MY NEW GROUP OF FAMILY. They decided they wanted to attend the orphanage with Lily, me and my mom. They vacated their schedules for today to continue the well-loved tradition my dad has created.

Little Rock Orphan Home is a place my dad respected so much. He passed that respect unto me and now, I respect this place so much more and the kids who are here.

We all roam into the building and immediately, arms wrap around my shoulders. I look at the person who lunged at me and I grin, hugging her back. It's been forever.

"It's good to see you too, Brit." I mumble, whirling around and facing her to my group of friends. My family.

She points to Austin in the back who grins at her. She smiles like she just saw a kitten smooch a dog. Austin shortly makes his way over to her, "Brit!"

He wraps his arms around her waist and whirls her around. She giggles, slapping his arms off her. "Stop, you're going to kill the baby!"

My mouth stands agape, Austin's as well, as we stare at her in shock. After probably years of trying? "You're pregnant!"

She nods, "almost a month!"

"Who's the unlucky man?" Austin inquires, holding back his laughter as Brit restrains her eyes at him. "I'm just kidding, he must be the luckiest man alive."

This time, I burst out laughing, "what's so funny?"

I look at Brit and shake my head, "o-oh, nothing. Actually, what Austin said has got to be the heftiest lie ever. I think I'm the luckiest guy alive!"

My eyes meets Lily's hazel one's which are swiveling with confusion and uneasiness. I nod my head to the side, indicating she comes over to me. When she gets to my side, I wrap my arms around her shoulders, proud to show her off.

"Meet Lily, my girlfriend."

Brittany looks like she saw a ghost as she starts squealing, "the Lily from high school?"

I always told Brittany about Lily, the girl who never discontinued to displease me. Lily was almost all I spoke about back in high school and Brittany was the one I trusted most, well, my dad as well, but mostly female figures. Brittany is possibly four or five years older than I am.

"The Lily from high school." I confirm.

"Oh my God, it's so delightful to meet you. After so many years of Jack's continual addictive crushing on you, I finally get to meet the face behind the name."

Lily giggles, "it's nice to meet you too and yes, I mean, I think I worked out what was missing from my life before."

"This place is getting too cheesy!" Brit hoaxes and we all burst out laughing.

She finally meets Alex, Zeke, Rose, Mia, Zach and she gives my mom and Linda hugs. She hadn't seen my mom since she shifted schools. So, it's good that they are getting along. Linda, I think she sees Linda a lot.

"Theodore!" Brit frolics, smooching his cheek and he immediately wipes it off, wrapping his arms around her shoulders. Brit has to stoop to hug Theodore. He is not short, but he is also not tall for his age. "It's good to see you. It's been too long!"