❆Second Chance (19)

~L I L Y~

THE REST OF THE NIGHT I HAVE BEEN RESTLESS. I could not stop thinking about the kiss Jack and I shared in his car. The kiss was way more intimate than any of our kisses before. Though we never had much, it was still mind blowing.

I always thought that my first time kissing Jack would be really awkward and weird that we wouldn't speak for some time. That both of us would avoid the subject at all cost.

But Jack surprises me in ways that has me captivated.

I have only ever thought of Jackson as just a friend but it is more than that. I can feel it. Especially in the kiss we shared.

What Linda said, that I was falling for Jackson, I thought was insane. I have only been here for four to five weeks and I am already simping over him.

I still cannot believe I asked him about that woman, Lynn, I think.

Yes, I was kind of jealous because she was so beautiful and sophisticated. She looked like she could earn a lot by just standing there in a swim suit.

Jack knew I was jealous and I could see he liked it but he still made sure that I need not worry about him and that woman.

To be so attached in such little time was crazy. Not only because this is all ease coming from high school but because Jack still likes me after so many years.

I was stupid to have my doubts about him but he understood. And I was happy.

And now, I'm even more happy.

I sigh, turning on my bed and lying on my back. Eventually, I fall asleep at a terrible time, yet I sleep like an angel.

✎✎✎

"Lily!" I hear Mia yell from downstairs, her voice urgent. "Lily, get down here, right now!"

I groan, hopping out of bed, my eyes halfway closed. I stub my toe against my chest of draws, letting out a little cry. Now I'm wide awake! I hurry downstairs, every two seconds rubbing my poor pinky toe.

Darn you chest of draws!

I slowly stalk towards the kitchen, my eyes cast downwards watching my feet. I forgot it put on my slippers. Ugh, Mia! When I get to the counter, I take a seat on the stool and lie my head down.

"What, Mia?" I groan out, my eyes shut. "You can't be waking me up so early in the morning. And you sounded so urgent!"

I hear a sigh of annoyance and deep laughter coming from somewhere around me. "You look. . . Good."

My eyes widen and I look up to see Jack standing next to Mia, his hands tucked into his blue almost washed out jeans. I look at Mia only to see that she is giving me a knowing smirk.

Ugh!

She is going to pester me over and over again. Until she gets all the details and until she is satisfied.

"If that's your way of telling me I look like a zombie, than thanks!" I roll my eyes, standing to my feet. "What are you doing here so early?'

He raises his brow, grinning. "It's almost two in the afternoon, Lily. I had to come see if you were doing okay and I brought you donuts."