❆Second Chance (18)

-J A C K S O N-

"THANK YOU SO MUCH. You have no idea how much this means to me and how much it would mean to my dad." I smile at Lynn, holding up the piece of valuable paper in my hand.

Lynn grins, tucking a strand of her curls behind her ear. "It is no problem, Jackson. I'm glad to help, kids are amazing."

"They really are," I nod in acknowledgement and stand to my feet once Lynn does. "It was good meeting you, Mrs Hendrix. I hope we can become good friends."

She extends her hand, shaking it firmly. "You too, Mr Stone. And I'd be glad."

Once she grabs everything, I walk her to my office door. She leaves and Linda offers to walk her back to her bookstore.

Maybe I will visit there some time in the near future. We never know.

Immediately, my eyes fall to the check in my hand and I smile gratefully. My dad would be so thankful.

I safely tuck it away in my jeans pocket and make my way out of my office. I close the door and glance around the slightly packed bookshops.

I catch Lily and Alex laughing with a group of friends with books in their hands.

My blood runs cold when a guy around my age touches Lily's arm. I feel like walking over to him and teaching him a lesson on not touching my girl.

I'm immediately surprised by my thoughts.

I am not violent, I tell myself.

I sigh and walk back into my office, putting the check away safely and making my way toward them.

It's like Lily knows I am on my way to them because she turns to me with a soft smile grazing her soft lips. I smile right back, standing next to her and pressing my hand on her lower back.

"Hi," she mutters.

"Hi," I grin and can't help but wink at her. Her cheeks turn a flame red and I look up and meet Alex's surprised gaze.

"Hey, Alex!" I greet.

"Hey Jack," she grins and her eyes glance down at Lily who's eyes are solely on me. "You didn't bother to tell me?"

Lily finally looks at Alex after some time and raises a brow. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, so now you want to play dumb?"

I laugh and Lily shakes her head no. "I really have no idea what you're talking about, Alex."

Alex starts scowling playfully. "You didn't bother to tell me you guys are dating? C'mon, babe, I'm your best friend!"

Lily's cheeks flushes darker and she stutters. "I-We're not uh-"

I can't contain my laughter and I glance at the group of friends who stare at us intriguingly. I smile at them, nodding.

"Hey, I'm Jackson." I introduce.

"Amanda."

"Jade."

"Kade. She's my sister."

"They didn't ask, Kade. Stop telling everyone."

"Lia."

"Maddy short for Madeleine."

"Wyatt."

"You're gorgeous."

"Hey, I'm still here!"

"Brooks."

Brooks is the guy who touched Lily and I just send him a tight-lipped smile. He makes me sick just looking at him. One blow wouldn't mean anything, right?