❆Second Chance (14)

~Jackson~

IMMEDIATELY, LILY SHUFFLES AWAY FROM ME. I am tempted to grab her waist and keep her with me but I am not going to seem driven or anything out of ordinary.

Lily smiles softly at me and looks somewhere behind me, yet I cannot seem to take my eyes off of her. She's so adorable with her silky chocolate brown hair and sexy bangs. Her beanie is filling in most of what's on top and her ears. She looks so satisfied and cute.

Lily's smile fades and my brows crease in questioning, completely missing that she is not looking at me.

I turn to look at the woman who called for Lily.

The woman looks to be in her early thirties, an enormous smile on her features. Her face looks like she had been using thousands of aging products. No offense, but it looks like she had been testing and once she saw that nothing was working, she stuck to make-up.

Me? I am honestly not trying to insult her, she does look decent.

What mostly snatches my attention, though, is the guy next to her. He has the exact chocolate brown hair as Lily. Their features look almost the same except for his dark green eyes.

He catches Lily's gaze, both their smiles are wiped. That's not her dad, right?

"Lily."

"Daddy."

I can hear the mock in her voice with a subtle hint of scorn. Yet her face carries an entirely different story with sharp emotions.

"Daddy?" I suspect though the answer is pretty obvious. They look almost comparable. "He is your father."

"Let's just say, my long lost father. . ." Lily says, turning to look at the woman next to him. "Em, looking beautiful as ever!"

"Could say the same about you!" She smiles a tight-lipped smile, blinking twice at once. "When last? Two, three months ago?"

"Last time I saw you was in August."

It's starting to get awkward here, just staring at the two having a conversation about when last they saw each other.

"Well, your party was a hit!" Em smirks, running her long nails through her hair. So long. What does she do with those long nails? I mean, what can she do with those long nails?

Lily giggles and wow, it sounds so phony that I feel sorry. Like a joke was said by a minor who urges you to laugh. When I look at Lily, she is tucking a strand of her fringe behind her ear.

"So, what are you guys doing here? I mean, in JCNP." Lily asks, forgoing the gaze of her dad.

Her dad smiles a little, shoving his gloved hands in his tweeds. "We are out on a date. Actually, we were going to Cara's but Em inferred we just take a walk."

However, Lily doesn't peek a glance at him. She smiles at me or she smiles at Em. Anyway, I feel like something is going on here.

"That's nice, well, we are going to get going. We still have a long walk ahead." Lily grabs my hand, turning us to walk away from the very affluent-looking pair.

"We'll walk together. It looks like we have so much to catch on to!"

This Em lady seems to be very very irritating. I don't know how Lily's dad can put up with her.

✎✎✎

". . .and then he almost fucks her over!" Em ends her boring ol' story and laughs obnoxiously loud.