❆Second Chance (24)

~J A C K S O N~

•2 Weeks Later•

✎✎✎

It's been a week since Lily had been discharged from the hospital and a week of waking up, doing my morning routine, and going to see her at her home.

I have been in and out of the hospital since the day I confessed to her that I loved her. Even though she wasn't awake. At least we got to fix what was wrong between us and now, we are back to stage two.

Stage one was when we were friends and hanging out. Stage two is where we are still figuring out our feelings.

Well, that's what Lily said. I know I love Lily because she means a lot to me.

I grin as I drive to Lily's house, bopping my head up and down to the song playing through my radio. I wonder what song it is. It sounds like hip hop. I think I should get it. . .Nah.

I drone along with the lyrics I do not know, trying so hard to wipe out the grin off of my face. It's so darn hard because well, I'm going to go see Lily and it's like my mouth knows what Lily does to my heart and it's just exciting.

The bookstore closed last week and it we are exactly twenty-three days away from Christmas. Linda and my mom had been preparing the family for the past week already. Saying that they want to go all out.

As Christmas nears, Austin is becoming more and more sad and disappointed that his parents are not going to make it. His not seen much and I found out that he had nailed it in court with that Cassie girl and her ex-wife's divorce stuff long before Lily's accident.

He had just been staying out late somewhere and I am still trying to figure where. I don't want him getting himself into crap that will disappoint himself and me.

He knows better than going out to drink his pain or his problems away. It has never happened before, why start now? We can always fly over after Christmas to see his parents but that conversation would be a killer.

Linda found out-somehow-that Amy is going to be spending Christmas alone and thought it would be great to invite her for Christmas this year. Unfortunately, Amy declined and said she had a little thing for spending Christmas with her cat.

It was lonely only hearing about it but she insisted. She is going to be a cat woman one day.

My mom is fond of spending Christmas with a bunch of friends and family and she is thrilled to be spending it this year with a lot more people. Minus Austin's parents.

As for David, Lily had still not replied to any of his calls. Yes, he had been calling non-stop. Sending her messages telling her that he was close to dying and that he needs her at his firm.

Lily and I were mad because we were sure he saw the news about her accident. He never once showed to see her at the hospital, instead, he kept speaking and sending messages about his company and how it's dying slowly but surely. Just like he was.

I could see Lily didn't like ignoring her dad, she missed him for some reason but she knew that if he didn't care about her, why should she care about him?

Yeah, that was all ranted over the phone a few nights ago where we fell asleep talking to each other. It was the night where I slept and woke up with a huge grin on my face.

I'm truly in love with this chocolate brown haired girl.

As I drive through Quebec City, thoughts of what I can get Lily for Christmas starts swarming my mind. She keeps telling me how much she is excited for me to be opening up her gift.