🕊01 : Capture The Flag🕊

Metal scraping and warping, mixing with the sound of a distorted alarm

Metal scraping and warping, mixing with the sound of a distorted alarm. I cover my ears, standing as I look around frantically. The lightning flashes again and I flinch, making my way down the dark alley toward the way I came. I peer down the corner, where I last saw the man. He's nowhere to be found. Cars have just... stopped. Right in the streets. I sigh, trying to figure out where I am and what's going on.

A chime sounds through the streets and a white screen flashes on the building I'm looking at.

"This way to game arena." I bite my lip, crossing my arms.

"Game arena?" I question, hesitantly beginning to tread forward.

"Don't think too hard on it." A man with long dark hair and piercings tells me, tossing me a... pistol?

"I-"

"There's no use because logic doesn't work here in Borderland. Let's hope this isn't a hearts game." He interrupts.

"Name?" I manage to slip in.

"Niragi Suguru. Yours?" He clutches his gun tightly within his hands.

"Nisha Volant," I answer, examining the pistol closely. I wonder how he got one in such a good shape. If this isn't the real world, and there aren't any gun shops... then where did he get this thing?

"Listen, Nisha... is this your first game?" He asks.

"My fir-yes. I assume you mean that I just got here. If so, then yeah." I answer, unsure of how to speak to the man.

"What did you do before you got here?" He asks as we walk towards the "game arena" or wherever these weird signs are taking us.

"M-Me? Umm, I just... did a few things I shouldn't have." I admit, keeping my eyes held forward.

"I almost killed someone before I got here," Niragi states, opening up about his past.

"Why are you telling me anything about your past? You shouldn't trust me like that." I comment.

"Who cares? You might not survive the games anyway, so it doesn't matter what I tell you." He scoffs.

"Or perhaps you'll be the one to die," I smirk, causing him to smirk as well.

"Wouldn't mind, it'll give me a break from this hell hole." He replies.

"In reply to your almost killing someone... I did kill someone." I admit to him, carding a hand through my thick hair.

"Really? What for?" He asks, raising his eyebrows in surprise. I nearly shudder at the memory of being cornered by that man and his friend. That is something I never want to experience again.

"Helping his friend to rape me. Thankfully, I killed him and left his friend to take care of it." I tell him, causing his eyes to flash from unbothered, to genuinely concerned, then back to unbothered. "Oh, he didn't get that far. Probably should have pointed that out sooner. I escaped and ended up here." I smile.