🕊09: Companion🕊

I watch Chishiya read through the journal, nodding in understanding

I watch Chishiya read through the journal, nodding in understanding. I fumble nervously with the hem of my hoodie, ignoring Niragi's lust-filled gaze. Chishiya elbows him in the side, scoffing as he does so. His eyes never leave the pages.

"Cut it out, dog. You're making her uncomfortable." He tells him, flipping the page.

"Yeah? Well, you made her uncomfortable when you threatened to kiss her." He snaps back.

"We all know she liked it." My cheeks burn at that. I flick the hood over my head and give the strings a harsh tug. The hood tightens and closes to hide everything except for my nose which refuses to stay hidden no matter how much I scrunch it and wiggle it. "See? She's just too shy to admit it." I can hear the smirk playing on his lips.

"Shut up." I muffle, shoving my hands into the pocket of the hoodie.

"No. Not until you tell me why you and Kuina are going on a date." I tense at that, clutching the sleek device that I used to own back in the real Tokyo. Before everything went to shįt.

"Because she's kind," I answer simply.

"Uh-huh. Do you have romantic feelings for her?" He asks.

Why the sudden questions? And no, I don't. I just want to try something new... Plus I need to stop thinking about you. But you can't know that.

"Not at the moment. But those feelings bloom later." I answer truthfully. Well... Kind of truthfully.

"Right... Why don't you just admit that you want me to kiss you?" I peek through the space between the hood and my nose, staring at him nervously. I mean... he does have a niiiiiice pair of lips- stop that, Nisha! He doesn't have any feelings for you!

"Yeah, right. You'll never hear me admit that." I scoff, feeling overly exposed in the 3XL hoodie that literally covers everything.

"I'll get it from you eventually." He shrugs, slamming the journal shut in frustration. I flinch and just hope he doesn't notice. He does.

He stalks toward me slowly, hands in the pockets of his favorite jacket. He stops in front of me, hand darting out and tugging the hood off of my head. My burning cheeks burn even brighter, causing me to hide my face in my hands. He chuckles, turning his gaze to Niragi.

"Leave." He commands, fingers still tightly gripping the hood. I bite my lower lip, feeling nervous as Niragi stands and quietly leaves the room. The dagger in my combat boot feels more prominent than ever as I anticipate what he's going to do. His eyes snap to me. "What you wrote in that journal is very clever." He whispers, peering down at me with no emotion in his eyes whatsoever.

"T-Thank you." He smirks, his hand releasing my hood and slowly moving to my cheek. His thumb runs along my cheekbone, sending tingles through the area. I furrow my eyebrows at the sensation. "I'm just trying to find a way out of here," I admit, meeting his gaze. I bite my lip again, trying to keep my heart from hammering its way out of my chest.