🕊08: Worried🕊

I stare at the words I've written inside my journal

I stare at the words I've written inside my journal. I close the marker I found in what used to be a small break room back in the original Tokyo. I've been locked up in my room for the past three days trying to figure out the logic of Borderland. The more difficult, the longer the visa lasts. I've been building up my visas and competing in arenas every night. I have noted a few things.

The enemies are usually a few of the players at the beginning that start as normal. However, I have noticed that they all carry a certain... confidence. One that not even the best players have. Their eyes are filled with determination and certainty that they will survive. They also wear a silver cuff on their dominant hand. There's something suspicious about them, and tonight I'm going to get to the bottom of it.

"Nisha!" Chishiya calls from the other side of the door. I quickly close my journal filled with calculations and stand.

"What?" I call back, prepared to tell him to go away for the second time today. I hear the knob jiggling and cross my arms. Suddenly, the door is open and Chishiya storms in. Niragi tails him, seeming pissed off.

"And just what do you think you're doing?" He asks, frustration putting a strain on his voice.

"What do you mean?"

"The games every night? Locking yourself in the room?" It's small, but I can hear the worried undertone of his words.

"Shutting us out?" Niragi adds, crossing his arms. "You haven't been checking on my wound... you're supposed to help me." He frowns. Chishiya elbows him in the stomach and sends a sharp glare.

"Ann can help you, Niragi. You don't need me." I roll my eyes. "And I'm calculating. Observing. I can't get us outta here if I'm not making any observations about the different areas." I huffed. Chishiya looks down at the leather-bound journal, eyes filling with determination. I quickly grab the book and tug it behind my back.

"Let me see the calculations, then." He smirks, stalking toward me. I raise a brow and shake my head.

"There's no way in hell I'll let you see it. No matter how many games we play together, I still won't trust you two." I snap defensively. My heart hurts as I take a step back, which causes me to grow upset. I don't want my chest to feel this way. I've been way too dependent on them for emotional needs without even realizing it.

"Nisha..." His voice drops low, eyes turning cold. "Give me the journal."

"No." I lift my arm so that he can't reach it when he charges for my back. He sighs but doesn't make a move to step back. His face is dangerously close to mine. We're the same height, but I have a tight grip on the thing and refuse to let go. His eyes stare into mine, the light from them gone. He looks like he did on the first game I went to. The one where he hated me. The one where he was cold and unforgiving. It's only been a week, but it feels like forever ago.