🕊05 : Minor Inconvenience🕊

"So the bad news is that you're not going to be able to do much on your own for a few days because of the injury

"So the bad news is that you're not going to be able to do much on your own for a few days because of the injury... But the good news is that not only the gun was hot, but the bullet was too, so it cauterized the wound in the process of the impact." I press my lips into a firm line. "Which is also bad news because Ann is going to have to reopen the wound to get the bullet out which means you definitely won't be able to do anything strenuous. Which means these next 10 days should be used wisely for the healing process." I ramble, ignoring the weird look Niragi is giving me.

"For now we need to make sure that your wound doesn't open before we make it back to Seaside Paradise Tokyo." Chishiya comments, his arms crossed as he watches the two of us.

"Gotcha," Niragi mutters, pulling away from my hug. He sniffles, looking around. That's when I notice his puffy eyes and the slightest red hit to the tip of his nose. Was he crying? I raise my eyebrows, pressing my fingers against the collar of my shirt. Sure enough, there are many tiny little wet spots. Must have been more painful than I thought... Now I really feel sorry.

"Niragi..." I trail, seeing the stains of his tears on his cheeks. "I really am sorry." I frown, letting the sleeve of my hoodie fall past my palm and down to the tips of my fingers before bringing my hands up to his face. I wipe the stains away and caress his cheeks, pouting as I meet his eyes. "Can you forgive me?"

" 'm fine. I'm used to it." He says, hiding all emotion in his voice. It's stone-cold, as usual. I sigh.

"You know... It's okay that you're in pain. It's perfectly valid. I don't blame you for crying. I sure as fuck wanted to when I held the gun." I chuckle a little, thankful the sleeve of my hoodie is hiding the 3rd-degree burn marks in some areas of my hands.

"Oh shit, I forgot about the gun! Nisha, show me your hands." Chishiya insists, his eyes wide with worry. I brush it off, giving him a nervous chuckle. I can still feel the scorching heat radiating off of my hands, but I don't want to look at them and risk hating myself more.

"Nisha..." Niragi trails, his eyes holding worry too. I shake my head.

"D-Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." I laugh, letting my hands fall to my sides and the sleeves fully enclose around my tender hands. It hurts for the fabric to touch them, but I don't want them to pity me just because of some minor inconvenience.

"Don't be stupid. Let me see." Chishiya commands, now standing before me. He towers over me, his intimidating stare causing me to gulp. I lift my hands to him, turning them over as the sleeves stay over them. Thankfully.

Just as I'm letting them fall, he catches them and begins rolling up the left sleeve, then examining my left hand. It looks terrible. And I can still feel the metal of the gun against my hand. Chishiya visibly stiffens, staring at the hand. He then does the same with my right hand and quickly takes off the backpack he has been carrying for the entirety of the game.