🕊04 : Second Game🕊

I open my eyes, staring at the ceiling

I open my eyes, staring at the ceiling. The sunlight streams in through the window, causing the warm haze to fill the room. I sigh, turning over so that my back faces the warm light. I then stare at the door to Chishiya and I's room. I hear shuffling, then Chishiya crouches in front of me. His eyes meet mine, causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"What do you want, Chess?" I ask, the nickname rolling from my tongue smoothly. A smirk spreads across his lips. I roll my eyes and sit up, adjusting the straps of my bra so that they are back where they belong.

"Games are today. Have you been preparing as Hatter taught you?" He asks. I scoff, peeling the blankets off of my body. I'm only in my bra and a pair of white basketball shorts that hang from my hips loosely.

"If I were training the way Hatter told me to, I would die in the upcoming games," I tell him, turning my back to him as I make my bed before moving on with my day and shrugging on an oversized, white t-shirt.

"True. You gonna game with the dog again?" He asks, staring out of the window. He doesn't care, so why is he even bothering to ask when he probably won't even listen to the words coming out of my mouth.

"Perhaps... at least I know he somewhat cares," I answer, causing Chishiya's eyes to meet mine again. They hold just a small flicker of hurt before it's all gone and his eyes are cold again.

"Niragi won't save you. He's too focused on himself to notice you." He says, earning a laugh from me.

"Seems like you're describing yourself, Chess. You're the one who's focused on themself." I respond, sitting back down on the edge of my bed.

"Listen, just because I don't care about you, doesn't mean that I'm only focused on myself." He chuckles, carding his hands through his hair.

"Yeah... you keep telling yourself that." I sigh, patting him on the shoulder as I stand and begin exiting the room.

"I have feelings, Nisha. I'm not a machine." Chishiya calls after me. I smile.

"I know that, Chess. I'm just messing with you." I inform him, hoping that he isn't hurt by my previous statements.

"Pfft." He scoffs, and I leave the room, wishing to have at least something to eat before I have to go to a game. Even though I'm not ready, I know that I have to in order to survive. I hope to build up my visa enough to find the people running this stupid thing and slaughter them for what they've done to people.

"Heyyy, Nisha. Ready for the games today?" Niragi asks, propping his elbow on my shoulder. I sigh, giving him a pointed look.

"I'm only doing this so that I have someone experienced," I tell him firmly.

"Thankful you picked me instead of the grumpy cat over there." Niragi comments. I roll my eyes, sitting down at the extra-long table filled with many residents that have been here far longer than I have.