CHAPTER | 25

Yuri sat in the bathtub that her older brother set her up, it was warm and filled with bubbles, the whole bathroom smelled of lavander and it was silent. She stared at the wall thinking about what Mr. Tsukishima said a groan passed her lips and she got up letting the water go and showering off.
   The girl stood in front of the mirror and smiled, her teeth showing and her eyes crinkled. As she stopped her face looked incredibly plain, her fingers pushed at her cheeks and she sighed practicing different emotions. What a pain. She was always told to smile, when anyone saw her smile they told her it was worth a million bucks but she never thought the same, it was one of her insecurities.
   After about an hour Yuri walked down the stairs as she heard Kōshi talking to Daichi, she had thought the other boy would have been gone but she was a bit relieved that he was keeping her brother occupied. She took a seat on the middle stair since they were just in the livingroom talking about something, something serious.

   "They did?" Daichi asked. "They're still your parents and they still have Yuri who is only 15."

"Oh like they'll start caring now?" Kōshi asked the hint of annoyance in his voice. "I'll try to do something but until then, don't let Yuri know, she's got a lot on her plate."

"You should talk to her, I know you can't force her to tell you anything." Daichi smiled weakly. "But maybe you guys should stop hiding things from each other."

I wonder what they did this time. Yuri rolled her eyes and leaned against the wall to continue listening.

"Ha ha, you're pretty funny in a serious situation." Kōshi spat and sighed. "So I put off university for two years, at least she and I will be in the same year now!"

The girl closed her eyes with stress, it's their fault, not mine. She thought to herself but in a weird way her brain worked against her. Technically it's my fault because I decided to stop talking, I drove them away, now Kōshi has to suffer for my actions. She rubbed her eyes and continued to listen.

Daichi chuckled and pushed him on the couch, he picked up his jacket and walked to the door. He saw the girl but stayed quiet and held a very weak smile. "Talk to each other." He said before opening the door. "Night, I'll see you both tomorrow, tell Yuri I said good night."

"Wait! What am I supposed to say to her!?" The grey haired boy asked but the door closed. "Thanks a lot Daichi. Hmmp... I'll make cocoa."

Yuri heard him shuffle to the kitchen, guilt and curiosity eating away at her as she stood up and walked down the stairs until she made it down. She looked down the empty hall with anger but of course ot wasn't noticeable in physical form.
The girl walked down the hall and into the now abandoned room that once belonged to her parents. The master bedroom had now been vacant for it's third year, the room was cold and the dusty exactly what she had expected. As she walked through the room she noticed the dust-filled surfaces, the alarm clock that was disconnected from the wall, the bed was perfectly made.

"Remember when we were little and I would wake you up so we could run in here and wake up mom and dad." She looked at Kōshi as he leaned on the door side. "Mom got so mad."

She nodded as the fond memory came to mind. "Even though she was mad, she would make room for us and wrap her arms around me and I would wrap my arms around you." He smiled and hugged her. "Dad would be on your side and he would tell us what was on the day's agenda."
Yuri hated that he could remember such sweet memories of the people who basically abandoned them. "I know you're mad but they do love us."