CHAPTER | 27

"Do you even know how to tie a tie?" Kei asked after Yuri suggested tying his tie for him. He smirked when a tint of blush dusted her cheeks. "Poor baby, how do you ever plan on being a good wife?"

The girl finished by tightening the tie slightly more than it needed to be, Kei pushed her hands away to readjust the accessory watching as she wrote something on the tiny notepad.

   'You didn't even officially ask me to be your girlfriend. What reason do I have to believe you will ever ask for my hand in marriage?'

   He smirked. "Who said anything about me asking?"

   She glared at him and pulled at his tie, making it so he was leaning over her, that annoying smirk on his lips and eyes glinted with amusement. How she hated and adored that look on his face. She wanted to slap him but also kiss his oddly soft and smooth looking lips, how he took care of them while playing volleyball was amazing.

"Stop zoning out." He told her.

It was Sunday morning and she had walked over on her way to work, Mrs. Tsukishima was apparently out for the morning, leaving the two alone in the house. Kei was getting ready to go to work, she had caught him just as he was buttoning up his shirt.

   "D-Do you like working with your father?" Yuri asked.

⇇ ⇇ ⇇ ⇇ ⇇ ⇇

   "I could get another job!" Kōshi said over the phone. "I'll ask them for money and give it to Yuri!"

   "Won't she ask where it came from?" Asahi asked.

   "Okay then I'll say that mom and dad changed their minds, now they'll show her some sort of love."

   "She's not a child." Daichi chuckled.

  Suga sat down and sighed with frustration. "I'll figure something out."

   "Sure." Kei replied unsure of how he really felt. "Do you miss me when I'm gone?"

   "No." She bluntly said and pushed him away.

Kei stopped her from leaving. Pulling her into him and wrapping his arms around the girl, taking in her scent of lavander and lemon. He rested his chin on her shoulder, a slightly annoying position but he only wanted to hold her.

"I miss you." He whispered, his lips grazing the skin behind her ear.

Yuri expected a kiss, she wanted him to kiss her cheek and hold her, no one had ever held her quite so lovingly. Do you have to be so tense?! She asked herself but couldn't get her own body to relax.

"Let's go, I don't want to miss the train." Kei told her, releasing her from the hold and walking away with his bag.

⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉

He walked her to the shop and he left for the station, usually he was in Tokyo but apparently their family was having dinner at their house on Saturday night so he stayed there for the night. His father and brother left earlier for the capital.
Yuri started working and even got to ask her boss if she could have more hours but got denied. She wondered how much Kei was making, she wondered about what the company really dealed with, at least wondered more about what he, as a 16 year old worked on.

"Home." She took her shoes off.

"Yuri, come here." Kōshi called from the kitchen.

She walked over and saw two extra people at the table. She expected the tea, she could smell it from the door, she even expected the cake that was placed at the center of the table. She had watched her older brother start to make it that morning.
   What she didn't expect was to see Kōshi cutting and platting the cake for the two people who basically abandoned them two years ago. She didn't expect to see them sitting there like they're just business people visiting their clients.