CHAPTER | 47

• Kōshi's POV •

Yuri stopped coming to practice, only stopping by once to return the manager uniform and apologize to the team for having to leave. Tanaka and Nishinoya cried the most begging her to stay, Kei acted like like he didn't care at all and most of the team believed he really didn't care because word had spread like fire that the two were no longer a couple.

   I hadn't been seeing much of Yuri at home either, she would leave extra early and no longer came down for dinners.
I would catch glimpses of her at school and at home but she never talked, she barely even looked at me which I couldn't blame her, I knew I messed up.

I served our dinner and placed the plates on the table. Mom and dad came and sat down, we all waited the five minutes, looking at Yuri's plate.

"Is she still sulking?" Mom asks. "It's over, her grades have gone up drastically since the break up."

"I'll go check on her." Dad got up, throwing his napkin down, frustrated with mom.

"Your father's also dramatic, now you know where she got it from."

"Right.." I poked my food.

Dad came back, stopping at the door. He looked heartbroken, my heart raced as I got up, causing the chair to topple over, but I couldn't hear anything over the pounding of my heart. I ran up the stairs almost wanting to not go but I opened the door.
I was glad I didn't see the horrible things that I had thought would have been waiting for me. I didn't like what I saw either, the once cluttered room was completely clean which brought back that terrible sinking feeling as I walked over to the closet to see it was empty. I looked in all her drawers, empty. Her bookshelves, empty. I finally turned to her desk and checked the drawers all of them were empty except for one.

   "That leech."

   "Mayumi—"

   "Are you serious?!" I yelled at my mom. "She's gone and all you care about is the money?! Here's your stupid money."

   I gave her the envelope and walk past her.

  "Kōshi, where are you going?" She asks.

  "Out!" I call and ran out, going to Kei's house.

   I had seen Yuri this morning at school so I knew she was fine, the only place she would be able to go was with Kei.

   I got to the house and knocked on the door, rapidly. It opened and I was met witn Emiko, I almost thought I got the wrong house.

   "Kōshi, you'd think someone were dying."

   "Where is she?"

   "Who?"

   "My sister! The four-eyed bastard knows where she is!"

   She pushed me inside and closed the door. "Kei doesn't know."

   "Bull—"

   "Kōshi, he doesn't know and Yuri doesn't want him to know, so shut up." She cut me off and looked at me. "Did you just find out?"