CHAPTER | 01

"And stay down you freak!" The dark haired girl then giggled.

Yuri watched as the girls walked away giggling and talking about how weird she was for not speaking to them or anyone at all, she had no friends, how she was easy to beat. She heard how they called her weird and a coward for not doing anything.

   She sat up, her bullies disappearing around the corner. As always Yuri didn't cry, even with the blood dripping from her knees and the scratch marks on her arms, none of that hurt her enough to cry. She was brushing off the dirt and sneezed from the dirt that made it's way into her nose. She picked up the backpack that laid on the ground also covered in dirt, shifting her attention up at the blue sky filled with puffy clouds. It made her feel happier but there was no sign of that from the outside.

   Yuri started to walk home covered in dirt and a few bruises some fresher than others and some finally fading slowly disappearing. It wasn't like this was a new thing, in fact Yuri was always targetted for her silence. She didn't care about it though, in a few years none of it would even matter and she could eventually forget about it. She planned on doing so either way.

"Home." Yuri announced into the quiet house, she closed the door behind her and started removing her shoes.

"Hey Yuri-chan!" Kōshi smiled from the table but it fell as he saw her covered in dirt and blood. "Again?"

"I'm gonna take a bath." She dully said heading towards the stairs.

"Mom and dad aren't home yet!" Her older brother said worried.

Her eyes squinted at him, he shivered but Yuri rolled her eyes and headed to the bathroom. The little girl didn't hate her brother, she loved him but she found him annoying when he was being the angel of the house. In school they learned that they should always wait for their parents to bathe and to make food, but the Sugawara's, who knows when they'll be home or when they'll hire a new nanny. The talk of the neighborhood. Yuri turned on the faucet to the tub and let the bath fill as she headed into her room to grab a change of clothes.

As she sat in the bath she actually thought of her bullies. She was only eight, her mind should've been on things like cute plushies and cute lunches, talking about shows like every girl, and having a role model. Something that her classmates were into? Then again she didn't feel the same way they felt about things and that was clear since she first started at a daycare.

Freak. Weirdo. Creep.

The names swirled through her head and that was all she could really think about. The kids in her class would make fun of her, actually that was being too nice, the kids in her class were ruthless. They shoved her, used rude words, teased her, stole her things, ripped her books, broke her pencils and her crayons anything to get a reaction out of her.
   Yuri loved to draw and read but her classmates would rip her art work in half or they broke her pencils. Once in art they poured paint all in her hair she told her older brother that it didn't matter because it was true. She never cared, paint washed out, blood washed out, bruises disappeared, hair grew back, clothes dried, she could always redraw things, get a new book, everything was fixable.

   Of course Yuri never spoke to anyone about everything, Kōshi worried as he saw things and tried to stand up for her but it only lasted for so long before Yuri told him to stop which he did. The girl was thankful because when her older brother did help they bullying would get worse, if it was possible.

   Yuri washed up and got out covering her wounds and then she disappeared into her room for an hour. Eventually she headed downstairs still thinking her brother was still down there working on hid own homework.