CHAPTER | 28

For the first real day Yuri offered to do laundry alone, just towels, and refill the water bottles for her club. She didn't spend a lot of time in the gym and when Hinata and Kageyama arrived she was given the job of cleaning up the vomit. Hinata of course kept apologizing but she told him it was fine and to just leave her alone.
   Soon enough practice matches were over for the day but some boys decided to stay back for little practices of their own. Yuri walked over after finishing the dishes and saw Tadashi.

   "Where's Tsu—Kei?" She asked.

   "He said he was going to bed." The freckled boy replied.

"I'll go look for him." She said.

"Could you actually help us for a few minutes?" Kōshi asked and she hesitated but agreed.

She was there as a manager and that was her job.

⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉

After what was actually a long hour she decided that he would be in the room by now so she decided to go out and draw. It was a pretty quiet night which meant there would be no interruptions which she was right.
She found a tree and patch of grass a bit astray from the building and sat down sketching what she saw. It's been a while since she's done something that she adored, the sketch of the team still sat on it's page now having all the second years all she needed were the two managers and Hinata and Kageyama.
She sat out there alone enjoying the alone time she had, it was ruined by the intrusive thought of the dinner that was approching quickly. As she looked at the date she realized it was only a week away.

"You shouldn't be out here alone." She looked up at Kei. "You're in a place with teenage boys."

'Over-protective much?' She asked and he sprayed her with water, sitting down next to her. 'Go to bed.'

"I like the way you draw." He looked over her shoulder at the sketch.

"You're a terrible liar." She stood up and he followed. "I thought you went to bed."

"I tried to but I got stopped by two guys, one from Nekoma and the other from Fukurōdani." He muttered. "They were both third-years."

She looked at him. "What did they want?"

"It's not important." He replied and sighed. "I'm tried."

Suddenly his phone started ringing from his bag. He pulled it out and she saw the name contact, a shiver ran up her spine but he grabbed her hand and answered it, not stopping for a moment.

"Hey, dad." He said. "I'm here... Right now? I'll ask for permission but I'm not sure if I'll make it.... I'll call you back with an answer... okay... yeah... Bye."

"What is it?"

"More paper work came in..." He pinched the bridge of his nose. "He went back to Europe for the week and he can't fix it so it's up to me and Akiteru.
I'll see you at breakfast." He kisses her forehead and walked away in the opposite.

Yuri didn't say anything, she didn't even try to stop him, instead she went to shower and sat in her futon while the other girls talked, she listened and occasionally answered but was mainly debating whether she should text Kei.

"If you're worried just text him."

'What if he's busy?' She looked over at the girl.