CHAPTER | 18

ʚ|| Yuri's POV ||ɞ

I watched as Tsukki left the room, the corner of his lip curling up into that taunting smirk. My eyes shifted to Kageyama who just looked worried. A look I've never seen on his face.

When I looked back at Tsukishima he had turned and disappeared down the stairs. Heated up would be an understatement, my face was burning, I fear that it was completely red and when I caught glance in the mirror, my cheeks were extremely pink.

I looked back at the guys restraining Kōshi back, keeping him from tearing the boy to shreds which I wouldn't be surprised if he did, especially if they had been watching the entire time.

"Tsukishima be a gentleman!" Kōshi growled. "Say a proper goodbye you tall jerk!"

   "It's not fair!" Nishinoya murmured only to get a glare from Daichi and Sugawara. "Yuri, I want answers, please."

   I glanced at him and everyone else as they all looked at me. I wasn't sure where to begin, I felt embarrassed under the eyes.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"S-Sorry?" Kōshi blanked and quickly shoved everyone out of my room.

   They all left leaving us alone in my room. The silence comforting more than It's ever been, I sat on my bed and took in a deep calming breath for the sinple fact that it would calm me down from the question.

   "Dating is very normal at your age." He put on that big smile and pat my shoulder. "But as your older brother it is my job to protect you from any and every guy. Especially someone like Tsukishima Kei, who is my underclassmen.
   I would still be this protective if you were dating someone like Ennoshita who I believe is very respectful and responsible, or someone like Hinata who's more childish and well loud and bright."
   My brother sat next to me with a bright smile. "You will always be my baby sister and I know I failed to protect you when we were younger but this is the time for me to make it up and actually take care of you.

I nodded understanding and then I hugged him, he hugged me back.
   I believed every word that came out of his mouth and for a micro second there was a light of hope in my heart that truly put all my trust in his hands. The hands of my older brother.

"Thank you." I pulled away.

   "Over all Tsukishima seems like a good guy.." I know he had forced himself to say that. "I'll go start making dinner. You can take a nap if you're tired."

   I paused for a moment. "Don't you wanna know?" I asked looking at my feet.

   Kōshi smiled again. "I trust you to tell me when you're ready. Or you know, you can write me a long letter explaining it. Whatever make you comfortable."

   I silently thanked him and he left closing the door, leaving me comfortably alone in my safe space.
   I alway wrote him letters or notes because I choked on my words, like they were lodged in a tight hole that was only getting smaller until I couldn't speak at all.

   Pathetic.

   I gathered a new change of clothes and headed into the bathroom showering under the steam of warm water that was more on the cold side. Washing off the stress of the day, more so the ball pit that still stuck to me and made me scrub my body until the flesh was pink for the most part.

   I washed my hair as I thought about what Kōshi said, the small speech about my dating life. I had never really pictured myself with anyone at all but if I did have to put myself with someome it had always been between Tadashi and Tsukki.
   The two boys that I felt most comfortable around. My decision always based on who was less annoying at the time.