CHAPTER | 36

•Yuri's POV•

I stepped into the classroom and was instantly ambushed by the girl with black hair. She was smiling brightly as she always was, her friends stayed behind her leaving us alone but they watched closely, their eyes narrowing in on me. She grabbed my hand flinching at the cold touch but she didn't let go.

"Tsukishima told me what you needed and I'm excited!" She was glowing. "Usually when I go shopping with friends we never get anything. But we're going for you!"

I slowly pulled my hand away and pulled out the notepad. 'I'm sure you'll have fun.' She nodded and I walked over to my seat.

It's not that I didn't like her, I didn't have a reason to not like her, even if Kei told me not to worry or get jealous. I really wasn't because he was annoying and hates everyone. I was actually worried that she might think I would feel that way towards her, I was also worried about getting drained when being around her for so long.
Kei had told me to go after school instead of going to practice, I agreed only to get it over with and let myself stress over the actual dinner and not anything before then. I really thought about last night, he dropped me off at home and stayed for dinner inviting himself. If he could be so calm than so could I, I hope.

>>>

"Come on let's go—" Emiko ran into someone and smiled up at him. "Oh Tsukishima."

"Here take her to these places, I called ahead to let them know." Kei handed her a list.

"A-Are you sure?" The girl asked after looking at the list.

"Yeah? Why?" He looked over her shoulder and she whispered something to him. "Pretentious bitch."
Kei took the notepad from me and nudged me to stand up even straighter, he looked at me and then at Emiko, shaking his head. "Look if they say anything just tell them who you are or who she is shopping for."

The girl nodded and agreed. "I'll put it on your tab. See your name can get you places."

"Just go." He kissed my forehead and left.

"Let's go." Emiko started walking away.

I followed her out of the school, a black Lexus pulled up, the driver got out greeting Nakamura and he opened the back door for her. I got in after feeling like this was a little much but of course I wasn't going to say anything because it was her lifestyle.

"Want water?" Emiko asked. "Or anything?"

"No, thanks."

I looked out the window, it was dark because of the tint. This was my first time in a fancy car, not much different from a regular car.
The girl was reading a book, the only sound being classical music and I can say I've never felt more out of place. It was just the two of us plus the driver but I still felt like she was beyond me, well she is, she's about to take over her family's entire empire and I was just an unemployed, volleyball club manager.

"We're here Miss. Nakamura." The driver said and got out to open her door. "I'll meet you inside after parking the car."

"Thank you." She bowed. I bowed too and caught up with her as she held the door open to the first shop. "Walk in with confidence and they probably won't look twice."

   The place smelled sweet like perfume or something, I could also see that it was more than what I would ever be able to afford. The dresses and suits lined up on the mannequins along the hall leading into the shop that was covered in velvet and marble. Looking at the saleswoman, I was tempted to walk out, she was slender and taller than us, caked with make up, yet she barely looked over twenty-five.