CHAPTER | 31

_________________________
Dashi🍟;

Dashi🍟;
Good luck today.
I'll see you guys at
school tomorrow.

Yuri❄️;
Yeah.
Have fun today.

Yuri❄️;
And like I said,
don't push yourself.

Dashi🍟;
Promise :)

_________________________

   Yuri rolled over in bed sitting up and looking out the window, the day looked pretty nice since it was still summet. She got out of bed and walked downstairs to see Daichi on the couch, he laid there with the blanket over his body. The girl wondered if he was too hot since they usually didn't leave the AC on in the house. She walked over and turned it on just in case.

   "Morning!" Kōshi called coming down the stairs. "Daichi, up—"

   "Can you teach me to make something?" Yuri asked and her older brother lit up. "Okayu."

   "Of course!"

ʚ|| Yuri's POV ||ɞ

   I walked in silence to Kei's house, my hands gripping onto the tote bag over my shoulder. I couldn't stop myself from playing with the strap, I knew I must have looked ridiculous walking around with a cold face and my fingers giving me away.
   I exhaled looking up at the sky, last night kept playing in my head. I was being especially harsh towards him, but I wondered if he really took it to heart. He seemed happy to see me and I was glad that he did come home early but all I wanted from him was for him to get home and rest so we could spend the day together. I don't see it being possible if he runs a fever.

   I continue to walk in the warmth of the day, I never really liked summer, the only good part of it growing up were the parts when I could hang out with Kōshi and Daichi or Kei and Tadashi, watching them play volleyball and then joining and kicking their asses in the small matches we played.
   I hated being sweaty and sticky, at least that's what I tell myself since I quit. In reality I loved how the breeze and sweat would keep me cool until I got into the house and could shower. Yeah but then camps came up where I would be bullied by Mori and her little minions, I didn't care much but boy was it annoying as hell.

   Knock knock...

   Knock knock...

   Knock knock...

   I looked around and saw that the car was gone from the drive way. I pulled out my phone and called Kei, it rang a couple of times before his voicemail played, after two attempts and no answer I began to get worried. Don't be stupid, just leave the porridge here. He's most likely resting. I walked around the house and into the backyard. He's gonna call the cops on you and break up with you for being a creep.
   I knocked on a window and opened it. Please stop! I climbed in and sighed to see it was Kei's room. He sleeping but I was right about him running a fever. I didn't want to wake him but I had to tell him I was here and face the embarrassment, I knew he wasn't going to let it go either so I had to get it over with.

   "Kei..." I slightly shook him. "Kei wake up."

  Nothing. I shook harder but he groaned and turned away, I placed my hand over his forehead and felt him shiver, I tried pulling away but he gripped my wrist.