CHAPTER | 46

• Yuri's POV •

   "So you have to break up with me?" Kei asks me after reading the long note, explaining everything.

   'Yeah?' It was pretty clear. 'But that's good, I don't have to work for your father and I don't have to be Miss. Perfect for your family.'

   He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, you were doing a terrible job at it."

   He was glaring at me and I was trying to figure out what to say. I admit, I didn't have anything planned because I assumed he would be okay with it, that he would understand.

"Since when did you start listening to your parents?"

'Since they threatened to make me homeless.'

"They wouldn't—"

'They're my parents Kei, you don't know what they're willing to do to have their way.'

He stood up and paced the room. The bell rang and he picked up his bag. "I'll leave you alone but as soon as I figure something out, you're going to make it up to me."

I nodded in agreement, watching as he left first. I did want to make this work, as we had agreed to take this as a break.

>>>

I was at tutoring, Miura smile brightly. "Your parents are underestimating you, Sugawara."

   'I'm just less distracted.' I admitted and he looked at me. 'They gave me a reason to focus.'

   "Right." He nods. "Well, that's it for today. You made great time, now I can meet up with my girlfriend."

I nod as I packed up my things, forgetting that he had a girlfriend. I've never actually seen her or asked about her but he often brought her up and I assumed he loved her dearly. He remembered every detail about her and gushed whenever he could.
I would kill Kei.

'How is she?'

"She's good, actually she plays volleyball now."

'Volleyball, cool.'

"Yeah, she's a great player and has an amazing team."

I nod as we walk out, listening him go on about how her team beat all the other girl teams and was in the finals.

"I'm sorry. I talk a lot... How about Tsukishima?"

   'I wouldn't know, we broke up a few days ago.'

"Oh? I'm sorry.. and here I was talking all about my happy relationship."

He's a little dense. 'No worries, we just didn't work out.'

He stopped us. "I'm really sorry. Hey! How about you come with me and my girlfriend to the movies."

'No, I'm just gonna go home and study a bit more.'

"You sure? I hear it's a good movie."

'I'm sure. I'll see you tomorrow.'

"Okay, bye."

I watched him leave, turning only to bump into Emiko.

   "Hey, who's the pretty boy you were with?" She asks, smirking. "Kei's not gonna be happy to see you walk out with a boy like that."

   'My tutor, he has a girlfriend.'

3rd POV •