CHAPTER | 11

┏━━━━✦❘༻Flashback༺❘✦━━━━┓

   Yuri ran towards the bridge her eyes brimming with tears. She had just left a holiday party that her parents attended as a family. If it weren't for business she never would have showed up but sadly she did and now was full of regret.

⇇ ⇇ ⇇ ⇇ ⇇ ⇇

  "How's school going?" A man that her father worked with asked.

   "She's doing fine, but our son is doing exceptionally well!" Her mother cut the girl off before she could answer.

   The man nodded and looked at Yuri almost with an apologetic look. "Do you have any interest?"

   "Our daughter doesn't talk." Her father said and Yuri bowed before walking away.

   "Yuri-chan, they're not trying-" Kōshi followed her.

   "I'm going outside." She grabbed her jacket and left the building.

⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉

   As she made it to the bridge she let out a shaky breath watching her warm breaths mix in the cold air. The strange lump in her throat hurt as she tried to forget about her parents but that only made her throat tighten more.
   She wondered how these two, now strangers, could have such an impact on her emotions when nobody else ever made her feel this way. Why did their words hurt more than the worst things she's ever been told. They shut her down before she could even say anything. It's always been that way.
   Her eyes glossed over she tried to control her breathing her mind buzzed and her vision blurred as she stared at the calm still water. Her hands gripped the railing so tightly that her knuckles turned white and her fingertips red.

   Tsukishima's right.
If I jumped only Kōshi and Yamaguchi would care... why should I put them before myself? She thought to herself.

   "Hey Freak." Yuri turned to the familiar voice and looked up at the tall blond.

Where did he come from?

⠄⠂⋆ ⠄⠂⋆ ⠄⠂⋆ ⠄⠂⋆ ⠄⠂⋆ ⠄⠂⋆

   Kei had walked out as his brother was talking to their mother and their family. He didn't care much about what he was saying so knowing that his brother would take a while, he left the house.
   For some reason he didn't know exactly where he was going he just let his feet move freely, this caused him to walk to a building just as a young girl with unforgettable grey hair walked out of the building. He stopped dead in his tracks, he watched her sniffle and her eyes glistened under all the holiday lights.

   Was she crying? Kei asked and watched her leave. Instinctively he followed far behind just so she wouldn't notice him.
   Now the two stood on the bridge as the first snowflake of the night fell between them. This made their eyes lock on one another, his eyes focused on her rosy cheeks and nose. Of course she was cold, she was wearing a dress and a jacket that clearly wasn't made for the harsh weather and the tears were drying by the cold breeze. When Yuri notice his eyes on her, she turned away and wiped her tears away.

   "What's wrong?" Kei asked and walked over. She stared at the water clutching on the cold railing. "Fine, don't tell me."

   Yuri wanted him to leave. She wanted to be alone to do what she needed to do. Why was he even here?
   The bridge they stood on was supposed to be deserted, few cars and even fewer people ever took this street. That being said it was Christmas the one day it was completely deserted.