CHAPTER | 51

• Kei's POV •

   I stayed closer to Yuri, making sure she didn't have anymore to drink and didn't embarrass herself. I was afraid that the alcohol would take over any minute and she would lose it. In order to somehow prevent that I made her eat a few Hors d'oeuvres.
   We got separated for a few minutes and within those few minutes she took another glass champagne. But eventually we were side by side as she leaned against my arm, holding on.

   Dad was talking about something work related, I tried listening but I was too focused on Yuri.

   "I feel sick." She whispers.

   "Now?"

   "No?"

   She gags and I pull her away. "Excuse us!"

   "Do not throw up."

   "The bathrooms—"

   "We can't let anyone see you!" I hissed as we get into the elevator. "I told you not to drink! Why don't you listen?!"

   "Can you not yell?" She whines, covering her mouth. "Kei.. Where are we going?"

   "Upstairs."

   I pulled her out of the elevator and down a hall, taking her into my bathroom but before we could make it, she had throw up in her mouth. She turned to a small potted plant and started throwing up.
   I turned away sick but turned back and grabbed her hair, struggling not to gag or throw up as I rubbed her back.

   "Let it out, not like that's an expensive exotic plant..."

>>>

   After a few minutes she stopped throwing up and we sat down against the plant. She was laid against me and I rubbed her arm, comforting her as tears streaked her face.

   "Feel better?"

   "Yes."

   "Really?"

   "No..." She turns to me. "I didn't want to embarrass you or your family.. the alcohol was helping it really was!"

   "Shhh, I know."

   "I just... I wanted to.. forget my family."

   "What?"

   "They didn't even invite me home... not even Kōshi." I was taken back, I glanced at her but her eyes closed and she shook a bit. "I just.. I thought at least one of them would care enough to send me at least a text."

   "Yuri... let me take you home."

   "No.."

   "It's getting late."

   "Nakamura is taking me home."

   I sighed and helped her up. "She still has half an hour, I'm taking you home. You're drunk."

   "You'll take advan—" I covered her mouth.

   "I won't, you just threw up and you smell disgusting."

   "At least you have standards."

   I rolled my eyes. "Okay, wait here, I'll go get our jackets and let everyone know we're leaving. Stay here."

   She nodded and leaned against the wall. I went back into the elevator, going back to the party to get our coats.

   "Kei, where's Miss. Sugawara?" Dad asks me.

   "She's tired." I tell him. "I'm going to take her home."

   "You?"

   "Yeah, I'll come back."