CHAPTER | 02

Yuri stared out the window as she finished wiping them down. It was beautiful outside, blue skies, fluffy white clouds, a light breeze that blew through the green leaves, a calm day. She didn't hate days like this, but she did like rainy days better.

   It was her first day of middle school and it went the same as any other typical day. She was glad that the day was over, for thr most part anyways.

   When she finished her task she set the rag and cleanser in the bin before heading back to her desk to grab her things. She grabbed her bag and walked out but not without getting shoved by her bullies, she glanced up at the laughing girls as they continued to walk past her.
Just three more years. She thought to herself as she got up and continued walking, her violet orbs looked at the tall boy and the green haired boy that had seen the whole thing unfold. Her normal simple glance looked more like a glare to the two boys and that sent a shiver down their bodies.

   Tsukishima tsked and glared away, almost like his pride caught up to him for being scared by that weird pipsqueak. The boy with the green hair walked over and picked up the hairclip that laid on the floor. He looked up at the girl with grey hair, it must have fallen out when she was tripped.

   "Let's go return it to her." Yamaguchi told his tall best friend.

   "Eh, you can go." Tsukishima shrugged and walked in the opposite direction.

   Yamaguchi glanced back at they girl who was disappearing down the hall and back to his best friend who was disappearing down the other end of the hallway and again back to the girl. She caught his attention in the morning when she was being bullied by three specific girls. The girl was being bullied just like he had been until Tsukki stood up for him and that's what caught his attention.
The boy ran after his best friend, he was looking sad that he still had the hairclip. Tsukishima glanced down and took the clip.

   "We could sell this to the elementary kids." He smirked.

   "Tsukki! Give it back." Yamaguchi whined. "I'll give it back to her tomorrow...We know which class she's in."

   The tall middle schooler tossed up the hairclip and Yamaguchi stumbled but caught it. He snapped it onto his bag and they both headed to change before heading to the gym for volleyball tryouts.
Tsukishima stopped and caught a glimpes at the short haired girl, she actually wasn't very tall around 4"11 or something, she was in her gym uniform standing outside the gym.

   "Slide it open!" Is what the lengthy boy would have called if she hadn't already gone in.
Weirdo.

⠄⠂⋆ ⠄⠂⋆ ⠄⠂⋆ ⠄⠂⋆ ⠄⠂⋆ ⠄⠂⋆

   "Suga-chan!" Yuri cringed at the name but her eyes shifted to the captain of the team. "Yahoo!"
   The girl had a sweet giant smile plasted on her face. "I'm Imai, I was in your brother's class last year and he told me so much about you. Oh and I'm the captain."

   Yuri nodded. She felt uncomfortable that Kōshi talked about her, she felt even more uncomfortable that it was to the captain after she agreed to join the club, mainly because he begged her to.

   "I heard how great of a setter you are!" Imai continued. "Our official setter just moved so this might be your chance!"

   Yuri glanced at the girls watching her. For a third-year she was really joyful, she was like Kōshi in a way. It was unsettling.

   "Thanks." Yuri said.

   Imai smiled again and they went to stretch before getting put into teams to have a practice match.
Yuri looked over to see the three girls who constantly made her life what some might call "hell" but to the silent girl that's all they did, they made her life to what it was. Morie, Saskai, and Hamachi, they would also be joining the volleyball club.