05. every 16 years

CHAPTER FIVE
( ! every 16 years ! )

CHAPTER FIVE ( ! every 16 years ! )

"IT DOESN'T MAKE sense. It's... it's not possible. Bullets didn't stop her." Sam freaked, sitting down on Deenas couch. Kate rolled her eyes. "Amazing observation."

Deena, pacing, quickly spoke as she looked to Simon. "Who the hell was that?" Simon locked the door before quickly turning towards Deena, far more freaked than she was. "How the hell should I know? She... I don't— she was hot! I don't know! The bitch seemed normal!"

"Yeah well, I hate to break it to you, but normal bitches don't bleed black fucking blood!" Deena replied, not having to think back much as the blood was still splattered on Simons face. "Well, she was hot and normal until she attacked me with a fucking razor blade!" Simon screamed back.

Annie sighed, walking back into the room with a wet washcloth in hand. She turned Simons face towards her own, giving him a small smile as she began wiping off the blood. Josh looked up at the mention of the razor. "Wait. What... a razor?"

Simon nodded as Annie continued to get the black blood off of him. "Yeah, for like old-timey shaving, or in this case, I guess, slitting her—"

"Wrists. She slashed her wrists." Josh finished and everyone looked at him confused. Annie stopped wiping away the blood as she became intrigued by what Josh knew. "Was she singing something? Was she singing a song, like an oldie... like an oldie song?"

"Jesus, Rain Man. How the fuck do you know that?" Simon replied, answering Josh's question which sent the boy out of his seat and down into the basement.

Everyone quickly followed, Annie noticed all the news paper clippings and photos on the wall first and watched as Josh pulled a certain one right off the wall.

Everyone else gathered around his small table and Josh quickly scooted his trash off said table, putting the paper on the table. "This is Ruby Lane." Simon turned the paper towards himself, looking at the girl. "The girl who attacked you." Finished Josh.

"Holy shit!" Simon replied, looking closely at his attackers photo. "She sang as she murdered her boyfriend, her friends, then she killed herself. Slashed her wrists."

"Jesus. Yeah, why didn't I see this on the news?" Kate questioned, the paper now facing her as she looked at it. "Because it happened 30 years ago. 1965."

Josh got up and went back over to his wall while Annie moved the article towards herself. He was right. The publishing year of this article was in 1965, but, Annie then couldn't understand how Ruby had looked the same now as she did back then.

Josh came back down, more papers in hand. "Ruby is one of Shadysides killers, just like Skull Mask." Josh slapped down a recent article that showed Ryan's face on the front and Annie bit the tip of her thumb nail as she looked at the photo.