13. the witches hand

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
( ! the witches hand ! )

CHAPTER THIRTEEN ( ! the witches hand ! )

THEY MISSED IT. James and Ziggy ran up to the front of camp right as the bus passed the Camp Nightwing sign. It didn't even stop to grab them as it drove past, many campers being able to escape any certain doom the ones forced to stay would inevitably face. "Fuck!" James cussed, throwing his hand through his hair in both anger and anxiousness. He had no clue how they'd get out of this one now.

Ziggy noticed Tommy coming towards them much quicker than James did but once he did, that puking feeling quickly came back and the two were sprinting off again.

They ran into the Mess Hall, Ziggy locking the door quickly after James was safely in. "What are we going to do?" James questioned quickly, watching as Ziggy looked around the room in fear. She didn't respond, her eyes only grew before Ziggy ran towards the mixtape player and hit play. Wayward Son began playing and James knew if he made it out of this he'd never play that damn song ever again.

She ran into the back storage room quickly after that, James following immediately. He looked at Ziggy, very concerned. "What the actual fuck is the reasoning for leading him right to us?" Ziggy didn't respond, she just locked the door behind them and pulled James into the very back corner before hiding more to the front with a knife in her hand.

Tommy suddenly came smashing through the locked door, said lock seemingly not even standing a chance against him now. He looked down and saw the bloody footprints that lead him straight to Ziggy and James.

James turned his attention to an escape plan, looking around the room quickly for help. He then noticed the air duct directly across from him near the floor, unscrewing each screw as fast as he could.

Tommy began wiggling the doorknob, trying to get in. He quickly gave up on that, though, and resorted to hitting the door with his axe over, and over, and over again. The constant swinging continued until the hole was big enough for Tommy to reach his hand through and unlock the door from.

James only had one screw left. He took it out as quickly as possible before setting the cover down. James turned back to Ziggy, ushering for her to crawl through with him. The air duct was a tight fit for James, meaning Tommy wouldn't be able to get through it and wherever it led would be away from him.

James crawled through, assuming Ziggy had began following him. He knew he couldn't turn back. Literally as he didn't even have enough room to turn his body without it getting stuck. James crawled as fast as he could while still being quiet.

But that was when the music stopped and he suddenly heard Ziggy screaming and grunting. "Fuck!" James mumbled to himself, finally realizing she definitely hadn't been following and was instead attacking Tommy.

James quickened his pace and found the other side, seeing it was the kitchen, which was just a thick wall away from the storage room. James began slamming his shoulder into the air duct cover to push it off. He wouldn't be able to get out any other way as the unscrewing had to be done from the outside.