10. getting back at sheila

CHAPTER TEN
( ! getting back at sheila ! )

"YOU SHOULD PROBABLY have Nurse Lane check that burn out

"YOU SHOULD PROBABLY have Nurse Lane check that burn out." Nick Goode spoke, running up to the other side of Ziggy. James wanted to roll his eyes badly at how Nick just didn't seem to notice, or care about, Ziggys obvious hatred for his family and therefore, him.

"I'm gonna let it get infected and die." Ziggy responded, trying to walk away from Nick faster. She had grabbed James' arm, pulling him with her when she stopped at the sound of Nicks voice. "What, I don't even get a thank you?"

"Oh! I'm sorry, I forgot! Thank you, King of Sunnyvale, future Police Chief Nick Goode, for rescuing poor, helpless Shadysider me and my friend here! How could I ever repay you? Oh, I know. I'll bat my eyes at you, like all the other dumbass girls." Ziggy pulled James away with her yet again, but this time, she continued to face Nick. She held up her middle finger to the boy before turning herself and her only friend around so they could both walk off.

Ziggy let James' arm go, now walking besides him, pissed off. James sighed, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "You know, I think that Nick Goode likes you." Ziggy scoffed quickly. "As if. He just wants another future supporter for his Police Chief campaign."

James laughed, maybe she was right. "Yeah, maybe. But, from where I'm standing it also seems he's developing a thing for you." Ziggy rolled her eyes, a bit grossed out. "I just need you to promise me I won't be left behind when your summer romance blossoms."

"You're so funny, jackass. Come on, let's just go back to my cabin." Ziggy stated, walking quickly. But James stopped her just as fast. "Nope, not happening. Maybe you won't listen to a Goode, but listen to me when I say go get that burn checked by Nurse Lane."

Ziggy smiled at James, fake gushing. "Awe! Look at that, James Marks cares about little old me." James shook his head. "Nope. You're completely delusional. I just don't need you complaining about your arm for the next how many weeks."

Ziggy scoffed with a laugh, punching James shoulder jokingly. He joined in on the joke, gasping as he grabbed his shoulder in fake pain. James smiled when he noticed the smile on his best friends face. He was happy she wasn't all mopey.

"Despite our differences, we're all perfect!" A sudden shirt hitting Ziggy in the face caused James to look over quickly. "Even you, Ziggy Berman!" James noticed the shirt now flying towards his own face and quickly caught it before it hit his face. "And James Marks! Good to see you today!" Joan smiled at the two, her endless positivity still as noticeable as ever.

James waved with a smile, getting a wave back as Ziggy just rolled her eyes and continued walking off. James quickly noticed this and followed her, the annoyed expression coming back to her face quicker than it had left.

Ziggy and James now walked in silence, going past the outhouse where Cindy Berman, Ziggys older sister, and Tommy Slater, Cindys boyfriend were cleaning. James made no sudden motion to go and talk to the two, Ziggy was listening to him about seeing Nurse Lane and he wouldn't have her changing her mind because he had stopped to chat.