18. find the witch

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
( ! find the witch ! )

PAIGE RAN OUT with Abbi, Lizzie, and Isaac as screams came from outside the Meeting House

PAIGE RAN OUT with Abbi, Lizzie, and Isaac as screams came from outside the Meeting House. The four looked around, watching as many of the men around the settlement went running behind a building.

"Silence! Check her for marks." Paige heard and she began feeling nervous that either Hannah or Sarah had been caught. The group of four made their way towards the yelling, hiding behind the side of the house as they peaked over to see what was happening.

Caleb was ripping off Hannah's shirt and Sarah was no where to be found. It was obvious he was finding pleaser in what he was doing to Hannah and it made Paige sick.

"We must help her." Lizzie whispered between her friends. Abbi looked over at her, she wanted to as well but knew it wasn't wise. "If we do anything Hannah won't be the only one accused. We must play it safe."

Hannah continued to fight Caleb, trying to keep him off of her. Paige gasped quietly as Caleb struck Hannah, hitting her in the eye. But Hannah kept fighting, her hair coming undone as Caleb hit her once more.

Paige was ready to run forwards then and there, but felt Abbi grip her hand in her own, telling her she couldn't.

Caleb gasped, looking at Elijah when he saw the birthmark on Hannah's back. "We've got one." Elijah quickly looked for himself, a cold look falling onto his features as he looked down at Hannah.

The four teens tried to get a good look, peaking a bit further but when Calebs head turned their direction, they all hid once more.

Hannah had taken one blow that had led to her being in and out of consciousness, allowing Elijah and Caleb to easily drag her back towards the well in the center of Union. "Got one!" Caleb shouted and Mad Thomas began cackling madly at Hannah, grabbing her face between his hand as she was pulled.

Paige left from behind the house, walking forwards to catch what was being said as all the adults were now stood outside the Meeting Hall.

"As sure as the sun rises, we will purge Union of this..." Elijah grabbed Hannah's arm, shoving her a bit as she stood with chains tied around her body. "... wretched pollution!" He slammed her to the floor, Hannah falling onto her knees.

"We will search every house, every inch of wood! We will not rest and we will not have mercy!" Elijah continued and many screamed back for having no mercy. "So help me, God, we will be cleansed of these anathemas!"

Paige looked around, arms wrapped around her own waist as she saw the pure hatred on the faces of those around her. She had never seen such looks on their faces before and it was terrifying.

"We will have our justice! We will find Sarah Fier!" With those final words from Elijah, people once again began their search. Hannah was pulled off the ground and Abbi, Lizzie, Isaac, and Paige all looked to each other with worried glances.