x4. jane finds out

EXTRA CHAPTER FOUR
( ! jane finds out ! )

MARY-JANE, OR, JANE as she now went by, was confused when she woke up to someone banging on her front door

MARY-JANE, OR, JANE as she now went by, was confused when she woke up to someone banging on her front door. She had assumed Annie lost her key and was more annoyed with the headache she also sported from her night at the bar.

"Annie Marks if that's you—" Jane wasn't able to finish as when she opened the door and saw it in fact was not Annie, she closed her mouth quickly. "Oh! Hello officer, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

Jane didn't know this officer and assumed he was new. She usually found Officer Kapinski at her doorstep and it was usually because Annie had done something.

Whether it be she was found hanging around somewhere she shouldn't have been or she had mouthed off to Kapinski, Jane was used to him being at their doorstep so seeing someone knew confused her.

"Uh, I'm here to tell you something about your daughter she—" The officer wasn't able to finish as Jane rolled her eyes. "Let me guess, she broke in somewhere? Or did she get in a fight with some Sunnyvaler? Oh, I know. She called Kapinski an ass-kissing-bald-headed-bitch again, didn't she? Where is he anyways? Busy cuffing her?"

The young officer scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. He could see Jane already getting mad at her child, not knowing the real reason he was standing at her door.

"Um, ma'am—" Jane once again stopped him with a sigh. "Just— have Kapinski bring her in, will you? I'll come down later and sort it out."

The young officer finally sighed. "Ms. Marks! Please— I'm sorry. Um, I'd like you to come with me down to the station, please." Jane looked at him confused. "Why? Is she down there?"

"In a way." He responded and that only added to Janes confusion.

JANE FOLLOWED BEHIND the young officer into a room that seemingly was usually used for questionings. But now all that was in the room was a hospital stretcher with a cover over it.

Janes anger and confusion turned quickly to nerves as she looked at the all too familiar image. She was still very confused as her mind, obviously, didn't wander to what had happened.

But now all she could do was think of James. Of how she had followed as the hospital workers wheeled his dead body away with a stretcher just like that one. Tears threatened to fall as she thought of him and her anger quickly came back.

"Is this what she's doing now? She's got you all helping with this little prank to get back at me for something? Well it won't work." Jane frowned, walking towards the stretcher.

The young officer reached for her. "Wait—" But she didn't listen and threw the top of the cover off. Jane gasped in horror. While she had expected her daughter to be under there, she had expected her to still be alive.