17. bodies in bags

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
( ! bodies in bags ! )

PAIGE HADN'T SEEN Oliver in a while and was nervously looking around for him with Abbi, who was looking for Constance

PAIGE HADN'T SEEN Oliver in a while and was nervously looking around for him with Abbi, who was looking for Constance. Neither girl wanted to imagine where their sibling was, but anything they could have imagined couldn't have been as bad as reality.

Abbi grabbed Paiges hand, needing something to hold as she shouted her sisters name off into the distance. Paige looked to her side, seeing commotion beginning around the Meeting Hall. She quickly pulled Abbi that way, the two girls looking around with the rest of the stressed out town. Screams were heard as people began realizing what was going on.

Cyrus Miller had locked all the children in the Meeting Hall with him.

Paige and Abbi let go of the other, both trying to push forwards and past people to get into the Meeting Hall. "Oliver!" Paige screamed, tears brimming her eyes as she had no idea what was happening.

Her mother was somewhere near, trying to get into the Meeting Hall like the rest of them to get her son back. But Paige didn't care. She wanted to find her brother safe and sound.

Usually Paige wouldn't worry that Oliver was with the pastor, she trusted him. But people had been talking and saying Cyrus Miller wasn't acting like himself. And with the Millers also screaming to get in, Paiges anxiety skyrocketed.

Paige began hearing bangs from the side of the hall, catching as Sarah, Isaac, and Thomas all ran that way. She was quick to run over at the sound of a louder bang, catching that the door was now open and Solomon Goode was looking at his brother.

"Keep everyone back." Solomon instructed before walking inside with a pitch fork. Paige ran forwards trying to slam her way through. Isaac held her back, hating that he had to ignore her screams and cries for him to let her through.

"Isaac you let me through this instant!" Paige shouted, pushing against him as more and more people began trying to make their way past him, Elijah Goode, and Caleb. "My brother is in there!" She continued, almost begging.

Tears streamed down her face as she continued to try and push past Isaac, Abbi now on her side looking inside with a heartbroken look. "Please, please, please." Paige cried, her voice getting quieter and quieter as more tears fell.

Isaac felt horrible. He had no clue what was going on but hated he had to help cause Paiges pain. He had always wanted to take it away, not add to it.

She could barely see past Isaac, Cyrus was at the head of the room at the platform and Solomon was looking up at the pastor. But it was quiet in there, especially compared to outside where everyone was fighting to make it through.

She just wanted her brother to be okay.

With another push, people began to make it inside. Paige pushed past Isaac, this time being successful as he couldn't keep his grip, even though he had tried.