21. one day

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
( ! one day ! )

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE ( ! one day ! )

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

SHE HAD REFUSED to take his name. He knew she didn't want to marry him so she let him know the only way she would say yes would be if he took hers instead, or better yet fell off the face of the earth.

He had laughed as if she were joking, she wasn't joking. She'd wished he would just jump off the earth and never come back.

She hated him and knew she always would.

Her plans with Isaac worked in the beginning, Michael would be away and she'd sneak off. Isaac and Paige would just talk, or even hold hands. But after a bit Michael had begun to hear about her leaving the house.

And boy, did he not like it.

She knew he didn't love her and he knew she didn't love him, she had quickly found out he too was forced into this marriage by his father. But he wasn't going to be made the fool by her and her lover.

So he found ways to keep her inside. He found times to check back home and she had learned quickly that when she wasn't there, it hurt. It hurt bad.

So Paige and Isaac found themselves seeing the other threw a window. She was trapped inside and he was out, working hard. It killed her not to be able to just go outside and speak with him but Michael was beginning to enjoy drinking and she couldn't risk it.

Years passed and Paige was forced to bear Michaels children. She had a boy and a girl, twins. She had wanted to name the boy Oliver, but Michael didn't like that name.

Isaac would have loved that name.

They decided, well Michael decided, on Lily and Peter. Paige didn't dislike the names, she just disliked anything he chose.

She loved her children. It wasn't their fault they were born into this mess and she knew that. So she cared for them like she had always wished to be cared for.

She hadn't spoken to her mother in a while, no matter how much Cynthia tried.

One day she had gotten a note from Isaac:

Dear Paige,

I'm writing to you to tell you that my father made it clear I must marry. He said I can no longer push it away, though I wish I could. My heart is forever with you but he has found a nice girl. She seems okay, yet boring.

I miss you everyday and wish to talk with you, wish to hug you. It kills me to see you stuck in that house with no escape. I'd kill Michael if I could get away with it.