Chapter 4

'Help me', his whisper is still in my mind, I woke up near 7 and went straight to the bathroom. This thing is messing with my mind. I need fresh air. I didn't have any breakfast, I wrote a note for my parents and left.

I need a quiet place and New York is never a quiet place, big buildings and towers show off the city. For me New York is good but there is only one place that can calm me down right now and can help me think..

I sound like a mature cat lady.

'The lake house'. I somehow managed to find a lake house which was in a movie, which I don't remember clearly. It's quiet and peaceful, it doesn't have a porch or anything, it's a lake and behind is an old house which has been locked for years. I sat for a long time.

Why is Jason coming in my dreams?

Am I related to him?

Why does his name sound too familiar?

Why does he need my help?

I was thinking about all the questions and Mason when my phone rang, I brought it out of my pocket, Dad flashed through my phone. I sigh. Oh my parents!!

I picked the call.

"Hey apple" I greet.

"Where the hell are you?"He asks and I sigh again.

"Outside, I needed some place to think," I say.

"Baby girl, there are things you aren't telling us. We will worry even more. Please come back" Dad pleads.

"Fine, I'm coming" I say and hang up. I check the time. I've been here for 2 hours now. I stand up and turn around and see Mason standing there.

What is he doing here?

My breath hitches at the beautifully handsome sight of him. He looks so handsome, hot. Girls may die for him.

"Hi" I say

"Hi Lily" he says with a dashing smile and I froze.

"You remember me?" I ask, shocked.

He must meet a ton of women in a day and he still remembers my name.

Maybe because I gave him his money, his wallet.

"Of course, no one can forget beauty," he smirks, so the playboy is flirting.

The eyehole!!

That's not even a word.

Wait!! Did I just become Monica for a few seconds!!

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"This old house is of one of my relatives, I just came here to check" Check? What?

The question is on the tip of my tongue, but..

"Oh" I say instead.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I love this place, it gives me peace" I say nodding my head towards the lake. He smiles and goosebumps crept on my hand and my stomach churns.

If there would have been any racing competition, my heart would have definitely won that.

"So are you leaving?" He asks and I nod.

"How will you go?"

"Walk" I blurt out and then wince.

You stupid girl!!! No sugar for you, or even spicy, you will survive on water from today so that you can gulp the words and not sip them from your hippopotamus mouth.

"Let me drive you home," he says.

Instead of saying no, I again open my hippopotamus mouth,

"What are the chances you're not kidnapping me or are you even a male," I ask.

I should literally put shoes in my mouth.

His shoes look expensive, I can't wear these expensive things..but who is talking about wearing..now no water, keep your mouth dry!!!

I blush due to embarrassment but he laughs and that sends a warm sensation in my stomach..I never felt like this..

Maybe it's the time of the month..my rotten brain can never remember the date!!

"Babe I'm the billionaire of a big company and no I'm a male and I can show you," he smirks, goddamn that smirk. This should be illegal, he should be a criminal but he's not. I nod and decide to go with him. Maybe know more about him, by any chance.

"Let's go then" I say and we move towards a SUV Bentley, black. I sit in the comfortable car that smells just like him. I put my address in the GPS and he starts the car.

"So miss Lily, What do you do?" He asks, glancing at me.

"I'm studying Psychology" I say. His eyebrows raise.

"Psychology, interesting, by any chance do you know about Biology?" He asks, giving me a grin.

"Yeah I think I know how to kick on someone's exploding machine" I say and his eyes widen, he raises his hands in surrender.

"A man's gotta try" he says, I smile but ignoring his comment.

"So you said, you're a billionaire" I say arching my one eyebrow.

"Yup, I'm the CEO/founder of my company, Parker Industries" He says and my eyes widen with realization.

"You're Mason Parker, CEO of the bestest company, No.1 in NYC and richest person in the USA." I shout.

"Geez, woman don't burst my ears" He says.

"Sorry" I mutter, he's a zillionaire, no wonder he'll be having enemies to kill him. But why me?

"How did you get so rich at such a small age? I ask, he frowns.

"I'm 25 and I guess I worked hard and reached here" he says giving me a vague reply. He is 25, 4 years older, that's no problem for me.

What is happening to me?

Why does my heartbeat increase whenever I'm near him?

I didn't feel this with Alex, my body reacts without my brain's command.

"Here we are," he says, shaking me out of my thoughts. I glance to see I'm home, I turn to him.

"Thanks" I say.

"No problem, Can you give me your number?" he says and my eyes widen, but I give it anyway. He's a total playboy and I can see that.

I step out and wave at him and he does the same, giving me a beautiful smile and drove away leaving me with one thing in my mind.

I will help him.