Chapter 9

_Madhurima_
Dedicated to you.
**

I'm seeing everything black. My eyes are open, still, I'm seeing everything black.

Why is this happening?

Suddenly I hear a voice, it's a whisper but it's scary and sending chills down my spine whisper. It feels like it is warning me something.

"Don't do this" the scary whisper says.

Already scared with the sound around me I ask.

"Wh-who are you?" 

"Don't do this" the voice says again, hissing 'this' in the end.

I wake up by a jolt. My body is on current, full of sweat and shrill fear. 

What was that?

What should I not do?

Who was that voice?

I can say this time that it was not a vision, instead, it felt like someone came into my dream to give me a warning. This scares me to death, is it all about me helping Mason? 

How can this happen? But whatever happens, this will not stop me from one thing, saving Mason.

_______________________

My date day comes very easily after dinner mom took dad into their room and they had their stamina test the whole night due to which I or Dentrice were not able to sleep. The next day dad gives me a whole lecture about choosing men right and going on a date carefully. If we keep things in his hand he would come to the date with me, if not Mason then he would have canceled it already. But nowhere did I'm, hearing ready for my lunch date with Mason, I'm so excited about this date that I'm not able to eat anything. I'll eat at my date only. 

Dad is again sitting grumpily, mom and Dee are helping me to get ready for my date. So I'm wearing an off-shoulder gingham, flounce full sleeves dress which is in baby pink color.

 So I'm wearing an off-shoulder gingham, flounce full sleeves dress which is in baby pink color

My black hair is curled. I've done minimum make-up, a little bit of eyeliner, and nude lipgloss. It's not like I'm going on a gala or something. It's just a date, but I've to look good, though I love this dress, being with Mason makes me feel like I'm a pope or something so I thought to get ready like this just for him. It's not like I'm posing for paparazzi or something, I hate them. It's all for Mason. 

"Oh, honey you look so beautiful," mom says and I smile.

"Love you, mom," I say and hug her. She is the coolest mom anyone can ever have.

"Love you too honey," she says, sniffing a bit.

"Where is my love?" Dentrice asks and I laugh.

Always the attention seeker.

I hug her right. 

"Yeah, give all the love to them. By the way, you do kook beautiful, God I just hope he doesn't hurt you or something because I'll break his nose. Why are you wearing such a short dress?" Dad asks in the end and I roll my eyes.

"Dan, leave the girl alone. Let her live" mom says.

"Yes, dad, now I'm wishing for my date," Dee says.

"Don't worry, Dee you'll get a guy soon. Just a bit of a wait" I say and on the cue the doorbell rings.

I become nervous and excited, my facial expressions must have changed because mom holds my both hands and calm me down.

"Listen, honey, it's ok, you'll do great. Do fall out" she says and smiles. I smile too.

When we all reach the door dad is already having 'his' conversation with Mason.

"Listen, young man, I don't care if you're a billionaire or president of USA, don't hurt my daughter and bring her safe otherwise you'll not be able to see the next morning" dad was in his protective but threatening kind of voice.

Mason smiles "don't worry sir, I assure you, your daughter's safety and ill never hurt her. How can I when she is so caring, kind, and beautiful? A man would be a fool to let her go," he says and my heart swoons a little. It's like melted chocolate. He is kind and caring. That is what I like about him. 

Dad gives him a tight and firm nod. Mason smiles and looks at me, his breath getting caught, mine too.

He is not in his 3 piece office suit but he is in normal jeans and a sexy t-shirt which makes him cool and a normal kind of person. He is also wearing thin specs.

Those glasses!

Those glasses give him a hot look, which brings a blush to my cheeks.

God! He's looking so good I just wanna eat him. He's soo sexy, I'm practically drooling over his sight. Dentrice nudges me and I came back to reality. 

Mason is meeting my mom right now.

"You are very pretty ma'am, now I know where lily got all her beautiful looks from," Mason says technically flirting with her, and mom blushes. Dad clears his throat, mom gives dad a sympathetic look and gives Mason a very all roving look. 

"Let's go, then, nice to meet you, sir, have a good day," mason says shaking his hand with my dad again. He nods at my mom. Mom turns to me and mouths 'oh my god' with wide eyes. He greets Dee. He holds his palm out for me, which I happily accept, sending a jolt to my whole body, it perfectly fits with his, and then we proceed.

Once we are outside, Mason jerks my body towards his, which results in my body colliding with his. Which sends a zoo in my stomach and shiver down my spine, where he is touching. 

"You look, really beautiful," he says tucking a strand of my hair on my ear." He says looking at me very intensely.

"You are also looking very handsome," I say giving him the same passion.

"I was born handsome," he says smirking and I hit his chest smiling myself.

He can bring a smile to my face without any reason.

He takes my hand, leads me to his car, like a gentleman who opens the door for me.

"My lady," he says and I giggle with his fake English accent.

"Thank you," I say coping with him. He jogs to his side and then he starts the car not before giving me his beautiful smile.

I'm so excited for our first date.