Chapter 8

"Sooooo, how was your lunch?" Dentrice asks, dragging so in the end. She is truly a minx, she stood me up, technically ditched me and now has the courtesy to smirk.

"Let me ask you, What was the important work that you had to do that you ditched me" I ask calmly, crossing my arms on my chest.

"Come on, it is your mission, not mine, besides you've the crush on him, not me, so i didn't want to be the third wheeler" she says still smirking.

"H-how do yo-u know that?" I ask her stammering, I never told her about my crush on him to anyone.

"I saw how you looked at him Lily, I'm not a fool, you've a crush on him" She says and I sigh. I can't hide anything from her. I sit on the couch already tired. Is it wrong to love someone you meant to save? Everytime I see him, I just want to hug him, touch him, feel his touch, want to see adoration filling his eyes, want to feel his heartbeat beating in sync with me, want him to put his hand on my shoulder, want to behave like a teenager with him. I never felt like this for anyone, they were all just attractions. I'm attracted to Mason, no doubt, but I feel like it is just more than just attraction or lust.

"Did you get something?" Dentrice asks now, being serious.

"Yeah, his parents died 3 years ago. I think all this is related to that only, I don't know how they died but I'll ask him." I say.

"You think he will tell you this?" She asks.

"I don't know, Dentrice, I just can't stop thinking about his 'help me' face when he came to my dream. It broke my heart. Maybe if I ask him on a date, then he can tell me" I say.

"Are you sure? There is no pressure, Lily but this is someone's death or life, you sure want to do this?" she asks. I know she is worried for me but I need to do this.

"Lots of people die, they get murdered, but why did I get Mason only, have you thought that, maybe this is my destiny to save him, and you think someone is going to die and you get to know about this, will you atleast try to save him" I say.

"Be logical, Lily, when people are diagnosed with diseases like cancer or a problem that will lead them to death, you try, but in the end they just go, they are gone and you're not able to do anything. Maybe this is natural, you are interfering into this." She whispers.

"You said, we try and try and that's what I'm doing. Maybe I will not be able to save him but the least thing I can do is to try."I reason. If she is stubborn, then I'm also stubborn.

She sighs "Ok, if this is your decision, then I'll respect this" She says. I nod giving her a small smile.

"What are you girls talking about?" Mom asks as she enters the living room.

"Lily has a crush" Dentrice sings and mom gasps, her wide eyes pointing towards me. I facepalm myself. Here goes nothing.

Now we'll have a dramatic moment, made by my mother.

"Lily has a crush, oh god!! My daughter has a crush. This beautiful young girl has a crush. I need to tell your dad, my daughter has a crush. I know he is a bit protective about you but how can I miss this chance to tease him that my daughter has a crush other than him, he thinks like that like you crush on him due to his good looks. By the way , who is he? Is he that guy you went to see, who you are saving, You're really chasing him? Lily, my puchka let me tell you, boys are dumb, they only think from their pants, just show your charms to him, I swear he'll chase instead you chasing him. By the way I need a big wedding, both Indian and Christian, I want you to connect with your roots. We need to book the hall, cater, there are a lot of things to do. I can't wait to play with my grand babies. " Mom blabbers in her single breath.