18

Turning around, I saw those beautiful blue eyes, short blonde hair, leopard print top with her breast barely hanging in there and matching shorts

"Jessie, Jessie. Been awhile since we seen each other. How you doing?"

Jessie: I'm doing...well. I'm glad to see you away from the city for once.

"Yeah...bad memories at the moment."

Jessie: Yeah, I know the feeling. Sometimes, I feel like moving somewhere else, away from the pain.

"Only for it to come back...Gah, look at us. We should be enjoying this place. You seen Lola?"

Jessie: Of course. She's the reason I'm here. Her and her new boyfriend drag me out of the dumps.

The two of us went outside to the patio section with my whiskey and glasses. I pour some for us as we continue talking. She had on the fake smile. I knew what the problem was.

"You and Tiff still not getting along?"

Jessie: Mmhmm. Recently, she blocked me on social media. I don't know what to do. Everything just been...ugh.

"Jess, you probably heard this a hundred times and this would be 101 (Don't call me Zoey). She'll come around. It'll just be on her terms."

Jessie: You and Lola say that. It's not that easy, Nick. Acting like tomorrow, she'll come back in my life. It definitely didn't work with Beli, it won't work for Tiffany.

Jessie covered her mouth, realizing what came out of it. I wasn't an ounce mad at her for the comment.

Jessie: I-I'm sorry, Nick. I went too far.

"Haha, it's cool. Trust me, I know the feeling. I would've said the same thing. You're tired of waiting for the result to come. But, it's a hard pull to swallow to realize that it will not happen. It will never happen..."

There was just silence between the two of us, just drink the liquor in our glass.

Jessie: I...I...you're really going to hate me for this...but I really wonder...would I been better off if I chose not to have my daughter.

I slam my glass on the table, breaking her attention. Pulling my chair to the front of her and sitting down, Jessie barely made eye contact as she knew I was angry.

"Jessie...That was the most reckless thing that came out of your mouth. Like what the fuck, that's your own daughter!"

I saw tears rolling down her face. I grab her hands, rubbing them.