Don't get comfortable

ENJOY!!

Joe's pov*

It's been a good couple of days since I last saw Taylor smile genuinely. Something is off, I can feel it. It looks like she hasn't slept in days and I've barely seen her eat. Patrick tried to talk to her earlier today, but she said she was really fine and that he should stop worrying about her. But would a happy person say that? I would go up to her and ask her, but I am afraid to only make it worse. Only if she loved me back, I would never let her shed a single tear. She deserves all the happiness in the world

Taylor's pov*

We are all are seated at the table, Jack, Selena, Patrick and....Joe. I can't help but notice how he is looking at me. It's not like love or something. He looks at me like he is preoccupied with something. What if he knows everything?.... No that is impossible. Panicked,  I leave the room. Everyone watches me walk away. Maybe I should have stayed, now that everyone seems bothered. I find my way to the bathroom and enter, locking the doors afterward. As I start crying I hear shuffling at the other side of the doors.

"Who is there?", She sniffles, mentally preparing to explain herself again."Jack... it's Jack",he struggles to talk, sounding like he regrets bothering her.
"What?", she asks, wiping away a couple of fresh teardrops.
"I'm here not to judge, but really want to know if you're doing okay?",he asks, genuinely. That sweet boy never disappoints with his kindness. So she walks up to the door and unlocks it.
As soon as he enters the bathroom, he sits beside her, on the cold floor and stays silent for a bit.
"Is that some silent treatment you're trying out on me or what?", she asks, attempting to break the silence.
"Maybe...? Is it that bad?",he asks.
"Yes",she answers, with no hesitation.
"Okay, sorry. Just trying not to make it worse",he admits, as she assures him he's fine.
Soon Patrick and Selena appear in the view. They look a little uncomfortable and guilty for interrupting.
"We thought that sometimes a group of friends can actually help. We really care about you so we're gonna join anyways", with these words they sit in front of her two and they all just sit there.
"Well... I-I don't know how to explain it... I'm feeling sad. Upset. Disappointed... don't really know why", she confesses, as they all listen closely.
"There is always a reason behind every time you're upset", Jack says, his voice soothing and calm as always.
"But it just happened suddenly and I can't recall a single thing that could have triggered me into this mess",she explains herself.
"Maybe you're forgetting something?", Selena suggests as her instincts order her to shake her head.
"I D-Ddon't know... I just don't feel like myself...Even when we're together I somehow still feel alone", she weeps.
"Even if you feel alone, we are always here for you, so don't even think about us not caring about you. We really care about you and Joe especially", Jack comforts her as her eyes widen a little. Why did he mention Joe like that?
"jack! You fool. We promised him not to tell anything! "Selena says under her breath and punches Jack in the shoulder as he apologizes.
"What do you mean by that?", she asks, confused. This all conversation has gone weird.
"Lads, will you let me talk to her alone?", Joe steps into the bathroom as her heart skips a beat.
"Yes go ahead", Jack says as he rubs her back, "don't worry, he's here for a confession", and with that phrase, he leaves, together with Selena and Patrick. You then lift yourself off the floor and sit on the small chair that was next to you, usually full of towels and stuff, but now empty.
"What happened? Will you tell me what the hell happened?", he asks, his eyes asking for an explanation. She could clearly see that he is worried about her. And now she feels dumb because she thought he didn't even care, the person she always wanted to care about her.
"I-I don't know?!", she bawls , making him quickly squat in front of her. He takes her hands in his and places soft kisses on each.