The Proposal

Morning comes through the large windows in a ray of light and glowing shades of orange. Most of the sun is blocked by the larger figure holding you in her arms, just the perfect size and position to shield him from the assault of bright and breezy to the stadium.

It was the perfect day. The sky was clear, barely a cloud. The sun was shining, and it was the right temperature. Not too hot, not too cold. Not even a cold breeze. But Joe was shaking.

Joe closed his eyes again, the smaller body squirming further into his grasp, a content smile on her lover's soft features. He could stay like this the whole day if it weren't for the need to eat . A call should be coming to Taylor's door anytime now; one of her managers updating her on last nights news and getting everyone out of bed, ready to start another day, always similar to all others.

She begins to shift awake and he sighs, knowing that there was no way to skip her routines and stay in each other's embrace instead. He place a hand over her cheek, caressing warm skin with his thumb. A quiet noise leaves Taylor, a mixture of a groan and a slurred 'hello'; eyes opening to greet yours.

"Hey...how'd you sleep?", she breathed into his hair, placing a kiss on his forehead and down, on the tip of his nose and then lips. He smiled wider against her mouth, pressing his weight on her as he took a seat over his girlfriend's muscular stomach. She shook with a brief laugh, resting her hands on his thighs, looking at him with a mischievous smirk.

"You want to keep me here, hm? Make me miss work?", her tone was playful but as he had learned from being together, it didn't take too much to get her to agree to him. She always seemed eager to cuddle up before the day started.

"C'mon, let me at least get breakfast.", she caressed his thighs and earned a groan from him. Frowning but getting up, he sat on the edge of her fluffy bed with a stretch of the arms. "But first...", she caught the side of his neck in an instant, crashing mouth against hiss in a slow and sensual kiss that left him dizzy.

They each went their separate ways for the day. Working hard to be able to come home back into each other's warm embrace when the day ended.

Joe nervously smoothed the ribbon he had tied, checking the knot for the 5th time in the past 2 minutes. It couldn't be too tight, because he needed to be able to untie it for later, but a sloppy bow would ruin the impact, and Joe needed this to go Perfectly. Taylor wouldn't- well. She would accept something less than perfect, but having that touch of precision was something his girlfriend always appreciated.

The door to the apartment opened, and Joe glanced at the clock, relieved that Taylor arrived home exactly when she said she would. No more waiting nervously or having to hide what he had been preparing for this moment. He shuffled to make sure the surprise was still hidden, wincing slightly as his fingers poked something sharp. Taylor's voice rang out, as clear and musical as ever, putting Joe at ease despite his nerves.

"I'm home."

"Welcome back!" Joe shot a smile at Taylor, who had stepped into the living room, dropped her bag and coat on the desk chair, and flopped (elegantly, mind you) onto the sofa behind Joe. 

Joe's plans drifted from his thoughts for a moment as he turned from his spot on the floor, his free hand reaching out to smooth the hair from Taylor's face,

"Long day?"

Taylor caught Joe's fingers and pressed them to his cheek, humming an affirmation. Joe's heart softened as he rubbed his thumb across Taylor's cheek bone. It didn't feel like so long ago that Taylor could barely express her affection without music, and while these small moments have grown in quantity over the years of dating, it always made Joe fall in love a little more each time.