First Makeup

"Fuck,"

It wasn't unusual for Joe to curse, in fact he could probably fill an entire sentence with over twenty curse words without problems, so Taylor didn't think anything of it from where she was seated in their living room reading some random newspaper.

"Fuck!"

Jumping slightly at the loud yelp emitted from the bathroom, Taylor relaxed nearly immediately and sighed fondly, shrugging it off as if Joe had a small accident with the razor blade yet again.

"Fucking fuck!"

Taylor quirked an eyebrow slightly while facing the bathroom. "Joe?" When said boyfriend didn't answer her call, Taylor frowned, a bit torn between being worried or just laugh at Joe's peculiar behaviour. He was adorable in his own quirky way and Taylor loved everything about him, but sometimes he was too clumsy for his own good.

"Joe?" She called again, not wanting to raise her voice higher than necessary. "What are you doing in there? I really hope I don't have to bandage your face again." She added with a small chuckle while crossing her fingers. Not being able to touch nor hold Joe's soft and gorgeous face was almost torture for her.

Luckily for them both, Joe suited anything from a clean shaven face to stubble to even a full on facial beard. It probably had something with Joe being on the lazier side too.

"One Sec!"

Joe's reply was quick and shaky making Taylor frown again. She was not fond of people lying to her, especially Joe.

"Joe," Taylor was well aware of how her tone took a motherly swing, but he was willing to give Joe a chance to tell her what was really going on before pulling her own conclusions.

Of course she knew Joe was not cheating on her in there, but due other failed relationships Taylor was not too fond of secrets.

"If you are not telling me what the actual fuck that's going on in there, then don't second guess me coming in there. I keep hearing noises"

A frightened squeal was then heard followed by a loud crash which Taylor knew was Joe slipping on the bathroom tiles for what seemed to happen at least two times a day. They really needed to buy a carpet before Joe actually managed to break a bone. However, this was not the time for carpet searching on IKEA's website.

On reflex, Taylor leaped out of the chair and ran the ten steps towards their bathroom. "Joe," She said loudly, as she knocked at the bathroom door before checking the door handle. Whatever Joe was doing in there that he wouldn't let Taylor see, he had clearly been in such a hurry that he'd forgotten to lock the door.

"Joe!" Taylor repeated agitatedly, "What are you doing in there?" Opening the door she was met with a sight she had and had not predicted.

Joe lay sprawled on the floor, groaning and rubbing his back, a sight Taylor had grown accustomed to. The thing that was put of the picture was deep burgundy colour all over Joe's lips. After staring at Joe for what seemed like an eternity, Taylor suddenly caught something in his sidelong glance and averted his eyes from Joe and to the small plastic tubes lined up on the sink.

Stifling a small chuckle, she reached her hand out to her still groaning boyfriend on the floor before hauling him up.

"Joe?" She just asked with a hint of playfulness lacing her tone and eyes sparkling with smugness.

Joe however, blushed and avoided his girlfriend's intense stare.

This time Taylor didn't contain her chuckle, Joe was just too cute for his own good. Buying and trying makeup behind her back was not the things she had guessed Joe doing.