Family drama

Taylor and Joe were spending a peaceful day at his parents house by the lake. It was only the third time she'd met his mother, so they were still getting to know each other. They have just arrived a little bit ago and were preparing the chocolate cake for later.

Joe, Elizabeth, and Thomas were mixing the icing and toppings by hand while Taylor fixed the plates and utensils.

A light thump was heard and they all turned their heads to see as the mail fell through the slot.

"Ooh mail's here!" Patrick said with a childish smile.

" Could you get that please love, I'm kind of messy right now" Joe said looking down at his pasta filled hands They all chuckled aa Taylor walked towards the door.

She picked up the bundle of letter, and then grabbed the two magazines that scattered the floor.

As she walked back, she organized the papers flipping them right side up and making them easier to carry finally laying them down on the counter in front of his family as she flipped the final magazine over she froze staring at the cover.

"Honey could you pass me the magazines please" Elizabeth said sweetly.

Taylor just kept staring at the top cover. No, no please no.

" Taylor you alright." Joe chuckled

Finally zoning back in she just stared up at them, blinking back her tears hoping they couldn't see them.

Joe immediately noticed the look on his girlfriend's now pale face and quickly walked over to the other side of the counter, as Elizabeth and Patrick were now also staring in that direction.

All she was able to do was point at the stack on the desk. Joe scanned the top page and finally realized why she was acting weird. It was her face bold on the front cover along with pictures of her ex-boyfriends, and a badly made edit of her face. The headline read, Superstar Taylor swift, not so swift as a cheater! (Seen kissing another man?)

His mom and brother had now also circled around as they all read the headline. She pushed away from them and backed into a corner in the kitchen her breathing rapidly increasing.

Staring at the floor she felt the teard welling up in her eyes, as her stmoach twisted in fear.

" I-I don't know why they're saying that. I would never-"

She looked back at their faces in disbelief, as their eyebrows furrowed and Patrick stayed staring at the paper. She tried taking a breath, but was only able to get in a shallow amount.

"It's not true I-i"

She was no longer able to hold back the tears that began streaming down her face, terrified of what was about to come next. Instead, Patrick huffed and loudly ripped up the paper throwing it in the trash. Slowly walking over to her and placing his hand on her shoulder.

" I'd never believe something like that, the medias full of liars I'm sorry you have to deal with it." He looked at her with the sweetest eyes and then pulled her into a hug as she sniffled not wanting to completely break down in front of everyone.

Joe calmed walked over to Taylor and held her hand, not saying a word as they all just looked at his mother.

"So, the paper isn't real? I don't understand there's a picture of you kissing another man." His mother's tone slightly elevated.

Taylor could barely breath at this point and Joe picked up on it quickly firing back at his mother.

"It's all edited, and Horribly may I add! They're just trying to start fights and get clicks" Joe was furious, but was doing his best at hiding it not wanting to upset anyone.

" Why would they do that it doesn't make sense. It all seems very real" Elizabeth argued.

He quickly stepped in to defend his girlfriend. " The media makes up tons of shit like this, I've seen them edit my face off of pictures just to get a few more clicks, they're just trying to ruin her reputation more and more every day. I don't know why we even bought that stupid magazine."

Taylor finally pleaded in almost a whisper before breaking down crying "I'm so sorry, please don't believe it please"

She just wished she could sink away into the ground. She wished she was normal, already having the pressure of having her bayfriend's parent's lik her, but she also had to deal with the hundreds of lies the media made that even she couldn't keep up with.

Elizabeth came around the table and grabbed taylor close brushing away a few tears.

"I wish I would've known about this. There's nothing to apologize for. " She held Taylor close as sobs filled her chest Elizabeth softly rubbing her back. Joe kept squeezing her hand knowing just how embarrassed she must feel in this moment.

They had slowly crouched down so Taylor could sit on the floor, and breathe. They were worried she would pass out. Joe was holding her close to his chest as she focused on his heartbeat the one thing that always managed to calm her down no matter how worked up she got. After a few minutes Taylor had calmed down her breathing and was staring blankly in front of her. Out of nowhere Patrick said the one thing that could get everything back to normal.

" Can I lick the spatula I want more chocolate!"

Everyone burst out laughing and things returned to normal with the ripped up lies in the garbage and chocolate cake in everyone's hearts.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting through requests right now, so if theres anything you want me to do just let me know in the comments :) ♡ ♥💕❤

Thanks to everyone who reads, votes, and comments on my stories it means a lot 💖