awakening

Leon's POV.

I shut her door behind me and took a deep breath. What the fuck is going on with me?

I took a deep breath and leaned against the door. She's not my mate... I have a mate, well, had a mate.

When she arrived at the pack, my wolf, Linus, stirred for the first time in three years. Losing Amelia destroyed us. Lila is the reason I'm still here, but Linus, it's like he died along with her. I lost my mate and my wolf.

I haven't shifted since; he doesn't come out. The only reason I'm still Alpha is because of Wade and Dominic. Dominic took the role of Alpha while I grieved and cared for my newborn pup.

Caleb mind linked me when he met them. He said whatever reason Ayla was here for, it was bad. She looked broken and fragile. I had to see her for myself. I knew she was coming with the Alpha's son and his mate, so I thought I'd greet them as they entered the pack land.

What I wasn't expecting to see was a brown wolf rolling down a hill, plummeting into the water. Linus stirred more; I was too shocked to do anything to help. I couldn't believe I could hear him. All I could hear was whimpers and growls faintly, but it was something.

I went towards Caleb because I wanted to know who that wolf was. I froze as I caught his scent. It brought my wolf forward; I could hear him more. I tried catching more of the scent, but the fucker flapped his arms around like a damn bird.

I had to follow them like a fucking creeper. I wanted to know why the she-wolf was awakening my wolf. As grateful as I was, I was confused. When she came out in tight denim shorts and a tank top that hugged her body most deliciously, I nearly lost it. I had to force myself away.

I took a deep breath before creeping towards Lila's room. I opened the door carefully and peered inside. I chuckled to myself as I looked into the room.

I put her to bed ages ago, and the little wolf has climbed out of bed and fell asleep in the middle of her toys. I went over to her and lifted her carefully, trying not to wake her.

I walked over to her bed and placed her down gently. I straightened out her purple blanket and laid it over her. I switched on her night light that reflected stars on her ceiling. I leaned over her and gave her a small kiss on her head before walking out quietly.

I made my way to my room. Once I was inside, I took Ayla's phone out of my pocket as she received a text. Ethan's name lit up, and curiosity got the best of me. I wanted to know what he said to her that caused her to act as she did.

I swiped up the screen and breathed out in relief that it wasn't password protected. I swiped down the notification bar. She had loads of messages. I saw a message from her mum, dad, Mila and Owen. I swiped them off the screen. I didn't want to invade her privacy more than I already was.

I pressed on Ethan's name and glanced at the messages. She had loads. I kept scrolling up, scanning my eyes over the hundreds of messages.

'Ayla, please, come back.'

'Fuck, what are you doing? This is killing me. It has to be hurting you too.'

'My offer still stands. I'll accept it if you give me what I want.'

'WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?'

'You told my fucking dad? Why the fuck would you do that? Next time, I won't stop when I'm fucking Jasmine. You'll feel every ounce of pain, and I hope it hurts. She's better than you in every way... She's prettier and skinnier. Fuck you.'

'Fuck, I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. Please, I just need to hear your voice or something.'

'Ayla, I love you, I do. Please come back. It's you I want. You're my mate, Ayla. We belong together.'

I was shaking as my hand was squeezing her phone. I heard a crack, and her phone split in half in my hand. What the fuck has he done to her?

I could feel the anger rolling off me. This is her mate? This is who our Moon Goddess blessed her with? Fuck, no wonder she looked distraught earlier. I checked her out and held the fucking disgusted expression on my face.

It wasn't her I was disgusted at, not at all. She's fucking gorgeous. Her body is perfect. The way that towel was clung to her, I could see the outline of her body. When she whispered Alpha, fuck, I nearly exploded. Images of her writhing under me while I fucked her over and over again flashed in my mind.

I was disgusted at myself for the thoughts running through my head. I was betraying my mate, thinking of another. I needed to shut it down. I needed her to stay away... Fuck, I needed to stay away from her.

I don't understand what's happening. We both have been given a mate. Why would I feel something for her? Why would she entice my wolf? I need him to come back... I need to be able to communicate with him.

I'm sexually frustrated, I know that and she's unmated, so maybe I'm just attracted to her. That's what it is; I'm frustrated and she's gorgeous so why wouldn't I be attracted to her? Her plump lips and fuck, her legs...

I groaned, blocking the thoughts out and tossed her phone into the little bin beside my dresser. I'll get her a new phone as well as a new number. I made my way over to my bed and climbed in.

I'll just stay away from her. I can do that.