your daughter, your son, a warlock and a vampire

Leon's POV

I stood outside of the lockup where the rogue was being held. I tried reining my anger in a little... I wanted to question him, not just go straight in there and tear his head off.

I left Ayla with my parents and Lila. My parents were so welcoming to Ayla; I knew they would be. Ayla was nervous that they wouldn't accept her, but her worries were put to bed when my mum gave her a heartwarming smile.

I took a deep breath. I needed answers that I could give the pack before I can go back to my family.

As I pulled open the door, Cory appeared. He had a sheepish look on his face. I raised my brow at him. "He's not talking..." He mumbled.

I wrapped my arm around his neck and pulled him into me. "I'm so sorry I wasn't here," I whispered. The guilt of being away when the pack needed me the most is eating away at me.

"There was nothing anyone could have done," He whimpered, "I saw them do it... We were so close," he cried as his body shook.

I pulled him out of the doorway so the rogue couldn't get the satisfaction of hearing this. I wrapped my arms fully around him and let him cry on my shoulder. "We all heard the howl... We instantly knew who it was," he choked, "we knew what the howl meant... It was a howl of a broken wolf," he sobbed.

"Cory, go home. I'll handle it here," I muttered. He drew back and nodded, clearing his eyes. I turned to go into the building. I halted when Cory clutched my arm.

I glanced at him, "they thought the world of you, you know that right?" he breathed. I nodded and took a deep breath before walking into the building.

As soon as I got closer to the rogue, I gagged. The smell was revolting. I rounded the corner, and there was a scruffy looking rogue strapped to a chair in the middle of the cell.

"So, they sent in the pretend Alpha now?" He snickered.

I snarled and slammed the cell door behind me. "I only have one question... Why?" I snapped.

He guffawed, throwing his head back. "It was easy... I mean, they were busy in their wolf forms," he raised his brow at me and chuckled.

I furrowed my brows at him, "do you need me to spell it out for you? They were busy in their wolf forms." He rolled his eyes.

"We took the black one out first... The white one soon surrendered and gave up. I was expecting more of a fight..." He quipped.

I clenched my fists together and let out a warning growl. I couldn't lose control and shift again, for the first time stuck in here with him.

"Do you know who they were?" I fumed, "they had families... They were out there minding their own business." I raged.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS HE?"

I was waiting for them to arrive, "Before I let these wolves free on you... Do you know where you are? Or who you murdered?" I seethed.

The door swung open. I glanced over my shoulder and was met with glowing red eyes. "You see... You took her anchor away..." I commented, glancing back at him.

A sinister smile spread across my face. "You took her twin brother too. The wolves behind her..." I pointed at Amaris and Rhydian in wolf form, who was snarling, saliva dripping from their muzzles.

"You took their son," I growled.

"It was your daughter I wanted!" He yelled. I spun around and blanched as my breath caught in my throat. "What?" I choked.

Why the fuck would a rogue be after my daughter? My daughter is 3... She's never left the pack grounds. "What the fuck do you mean?" I seethed.

"Leon, leave us," Addison growled.

I couldn't leave. He just threatened my daughter... I want to know what he means. "No... I need to know why," I snarled, glancing at her.

"Your daughter is important, Alpha Leon... You'll see." He grinned, "I wanted to put her down before she had the chance to put me down." He groaned.

My body was shaking, and my vision was obscuring. I felt my wolf pushing through; I had no control. It was happening... I was shifting. The threat to our pup was enough to push Linus over the edge. He wanted out, and he wanted blood.

"Leon!" Addison growled, reaching for me.

I forced her out of the cell and banged the door shut. I stared at her through the little glass window as I felt my canines elongate. It was painful as they ripped through my gums like it was the first time. Her eyes were wide, and she was pleading with me to let her have her kill.

But he threatened my pup... This rogue was mine.

I spun around and growled at the rogue. "If you kill me... You'll never know what your daughter is so important for," he smirked.

"I'm sure I'll figure it out," I snarled.

I fell to my knees as claws ripped through my nail beds and long pointing claws grew from my fingers. "We took those two wolves because we thought we'd be able to get out of there and into the pack as they were found." He blurted.

I snarled and felt my arms and legs snapping and cracking. I grunted, scratching my claws along the floor to try and contain the screams that were threatening to leave my throat.

"A seer came to see me," he blurted.

"What was she called?" I growled.

I needed to get as much out of him because I completed the shift. My legs and arms had formed into my wolf, now, just for the rest. The first time you shift is horrible... This time was no different. It was taking forever... I'd grown a lot since my last shift.

"If you spare my life, I will tell you everything," he panicked.

I cackled and shook my head vigorously. "Not gonna happen," I steamed.

"Well... I'll keep my mouth shut then," he growled.

"Fine by me," I snarled.

I groaned, biting down on my bottom lip as the rest of the shift washed over me. I rose on four paws and shook out my fur. It felt amazing to be back in my wolf form.

"Your daughter, your son, a warlock and a vampire..." he hesitated, "that's all you're getting from me." He griped.

I stalked towards him, licking my muzzle.

"I'm gonna get your daughter then your son... No matter what it takes." He yelled as I leapt on him.