closed book

We made our way to the pack dining room for breakfast. I agreed to have breakfast with them because I was heading there too. Lila insisted on holding my hand, so we're walking behind Alpha Leon.

He keeps peeking back at us, fixating his eyes on our hands. His facial expression gives nothing away; he's like a damn closed book I can't read.

We reached the dining hall. Alpha Leon signalled for us to go in. "You need to come and sit with me," Lila chirped as she pulled me along.

I looked around the dining hall... It was huge. There were two long tables pushed together in the centre of the room. All different kinds of breakfast food were scattered all over the table. Everyone that was seated at the table was watching me. Their eyes following as Lila tugged me to the end of the table.

We reached the table, and Lila sat down, motioning me to sit next to her. I looked down at the table and noticed Mila and Mateo sat a few seats down. She was grinning at me. I really need to let her know I have a new number. I wish I could mindlink her; it would make it so much easier.

"Hi, I'm Amara," A she-wolf greeted as my eyes continued scanning the hall.

"I'm Ayla," I smiled.

She chuckled and nodded her head. "Oh, I know. My dad is obsessed with your dad." She smirked. "I wouldn't say obsessed, Amara." A man scowled at her. I chuckled and nodded.

"I'm Cory. I met your dad on a warrior retreat. He's a hell of a fighter," he explained.

"He is. He's our best," Mateo replied proudly. "I don't doubt it. He's knocked me on my arse a few times," Cory groaned.

"Cory, watch your language in front of the pup." A woman next to him swatted his arm. Lila wasn't interested in any of the conversations; she was too busy shoving french toast in her mouth.

"Sorry, mum." He muttered. I chuckled as the woman smirked at him.

"I'm Amaris. It's nice to meet you," She smiled at me.

"My mum told me about you and your mate... That she met you," I smiled. She nodded then beamed at a man sat next to her, "I'm Rhydian. It's lovely to have you here with us." He chimed in.

Alpha Leon took a seat next to Lila, nodding at everyone in greeting. I focused on the food on the table, deciding what to eat. I saw a fruit bowl and grabbed an apple.

"Is that all you're having?" Lila asked, looking up at me.

I nodded and smiled. "I'm not hungry," I replied. I could feel eyes on me. I glanced up, and Mila was frowning at me.

She mouthed something to me, but I couldn't work out what she was trying to say. I furrowed my brows at her and shrugged. She rolled her eyes and pointed at the food.

"She's telling you to eat," Amara commented, looking between us both.

"Oh, no, I'm ok... An apple is fine," I replied, then glared at Mila.

"Ayla," Mila warned. I sighed and shook my head. My eyes went wide as a plate was placed in front of me. I gaped at Alpha Leon as he removed his hand from the plate. He picked his mug up, but I could see a hint of a smirk on his face.

I huffed and grabbed a fork. I began eating the pancake. I could feel eyes on me. I looked up, and Mila was watching me suspiciously. I rolled my eyes at her and stared back at the food.

The door opened, Caleb walked in with someone behind him. As the other person came into view, I automatically knew it was Caleb's brother. They looked alike. They came straight over to us.