i love you, alpha

"I think you better come inside," Leon suggested as I stared at her in shock.

"A male witch?" I blurted.

"Luna, I assure you my child will not be raised as a danger to anyone." Her voice was soft, but she looked offended. I felt kind of bad.

Our worlds don't collide, usually. Witches keep to themselves and stay away from wolves. So, a wolf and a warlock being destined mates don't make sense.

We walked towards the packhouse in silence. I had so many questions I needed answers to, but I don't think she has them. Pack members were slowly coming out into the street as we passed the communal hall.

"Lilith?" Amaris squeaked.

The witch turned around, and her face lit up. "Amaris Thorne," She beamed.

"Oh, it's Amaris Knight now." She professed, curling her fingers through Rhydian's hand. "You have grown up since I last saw you." She chuckled.

"You found your mate? Oh, I'm so happy for you." She expressed. "We need a catch-up... It seems I have missed a lot." She sighed. "I need to go and speak to the Alpha and Luna, but I'll be back." She smiled before looking at us.

Leon nodded and led the way towards the packhouse. "Have I interrupted something important?" She questioned, scanning her eyes over our clothes.

"We are having a funeral," Leon disclosed.

Her face paled, "Oh, I'm so sorry. I should go." She rushed out as she stopped walking.

"No!" I yelped, then took a deep breath. "Please stay." I sighed.

I need to know more. I want to know how she knows. I took a deep breath and looked to Leon, silently pleading with him to tell her to stay. He smiled at me, and my heart jumped into my throat. It's the most emotion I've felt from him in ages, and I was starting to wish I took her up on her offer to leave.

"Please stay. My Luna and I need some answers." He stated as he gripped my hand and squeezed. I breathed out in relief and returned the gesture. She nodded and smiled at us.

We reached the packhouse, and Leon led us straight into his office. I sat on the sofa while Leon sat next to me. "My name is Lilith... I guess you're wondering how I know about our children?" She asked as she settled onto the chair opposite the sofa in Leon's office.

"We know about the prophecy," Leon mentioned, "A rogue came after my daughter... He killed Amaris' son and his mate in the process." He replied.

She shook her head, "it wasn't the rogues from before, was it?" She gasped. "No... From what I've heard... They're all dead." He answered. I looked between them both; I had no idea what they were talking about.

"The rogue wouldn't say anything, but he did say... your daughter, a warlock, a vampire and your son." He relayed to her.

She huffed and rolled her eyes. "I hate the word... Warlock." She groaned. "It's been foretold. I'm to birth a baby boy, and one of your pups will be his destiny." She explained.

"A vampire has or will birth a son... and one of your children will be his beloved." She sighed.

"My pups are going to be mated to another species? I didn't know that was even possible." Leon fretted.

"The mating will bound all species together in harmony." She nodded.

I can't believe what I'm hearing. I didn't realise we weren't in harmony. Ok... We aren't exactly allies or friends, but we don't bother with each other. We don't care what they do as long as they don't put humans at risk. For years that hasn't been a problem... I don't think I've ever known it to be a problem.