our fairy tale

Lila came running into the office and threw herself at me. I knocked into Leon because I wasn't expecting it. "Are you ok? I saw you hurting, and I was scared." She wailed.

I bent down a little. I picked her up as she wrapped her legs around my waist and gazed at me. "I'm ok now." I grinned.

"Promise?" She begged, her voice small and croaky.

"Promise," I brushed my nose against hers, and she chuckled.

My dad used to do that to Owen and me whenever one of us was hurt or upset. I'm not sure why, but it always used to make me feel better... I think it was more of a mind over matter situation, but it helped, and I'm hoping it does the same for Lila.

"That tickled," She giggled. I did it again, and she laughed, squirming in my arms.

"My dad used to do it to me and my brother when we were upset," I explained, "It used to make me feel better... Did it help you?" I asked, raising my brow.

She nodded her head and beamed at me. "Will you do it all the time when I'm upset?" She asked, "I liked it." She murmured.

"Lila, we need to talk to you about Ayla being in this pack," Leon noted. Her eyes shot to him, and her bottom lip started quivering.

"I don't want you to leave." She whimpered, looking at me.

I don't understand why I feel so much for her already; I haven't known her long at all. Maybe because I'm mated to her dad, we have a special bond too. I've felt a connection with her ever since I met her. Seeing her hurting... It hurts Athena and me.

"I'm not going anywhere, princess." I cooed.

"Lila, do you remember when I told you about mates?" Leon asked.

She nodded her head and held her eyes on him. You could see the love between them both; it made my heart flutter. They remind me of my dad and me... I miss all of them so much, and I can't wait to see them.

"You know how your mummy was my mate, and she went to live with the Moon Goddess so I could have you?" He asked again. I sucked in a breath and felt my legs go unsteady. Leon placed his hand on my waist and squeezed.

"Well, the Moon Goddess and your mummy gave Ayla to us." He explained, "Ayla is daddy's mate." He added.

She looked confused, and my heart hurt for her. He did do a good job of explaining it to her; she just seemed overwhelmed.

"Nothing has to change between you and daddy. I'll love you just like your daddy does." I expressed.

"So... You'll be my mummy?" She asked.

"More like your stepmom," I giggled, "I won't take over your mummy," I declared.

"But step mums are evil in Disney." She screwed her little nose up, and I chuckled.

"We'll make it our fairy tale," I grinned.

She nodded as tears fell from her eyes. I could feel my eyes welling up. I sniffled as she leaned forward and brushed her nose side to side on mine. She laid her head on my shoulder and reached out for Leon.

He wrapped his arms around us both and sighed happily. I was overwhelmed, the tears were falling, and I couldn't stop them. I rested my head on the top of hers and sniffled.

"I'm happy," She expressed as she pulled away.

"I'm glad, baby." Leon smiled at her, brushing his thumb against her cheek. "I'm going to Ayla's pack with her to get her things. I'll be gone for a couple of days. You will be staying with Nanna and Grandad, ok?" He asked.

She nodded her head and smiled. "You'll be coming back?" She asked, glancing at me. "Of course, then we can watch Frozen," I grinned. She beamed at me and nodded. "I'll take her to my parents and meet you back here." He stated, looking at me.

I nodded and blushed as he leaned forward and pecked my cheek. Lila was looking at us in awe before she leaned forward and pecked my other side.

I chuckled then returned the gesture to both of them. Lila giggled, whereas Leon's eyes darkened, and lust swirled in his eyes.

I handed Lila to Leon before winking at him. "I'll see you when we get back, princess." I waved at Lila before leaving the office.

I pulled my phone out as I walked up to my room. I had missed messages in the group chat. I ignored it and pulled up my mom's number.

"Ayla! Oh my goodness, are you ok? We heard about what happened!" She screeched.

I chuckled, pulling my phone from my ear. "Hey, mom. No, I'm ok," I answered. "Listen, I'm coming home. I'll be there tomorrow sometime," I mentioned.

Now to get ready for the twenty questions...

"Why? Ayla, has someone upset you? Has Ethan got to you? What's happened?"

"Mom! I'll explain when I'm home, ok? It's not something I can do over the phone." I sighed.

"Ok, baby. As long as you're ok." She answered.

"I am, I promise," I chuckled.

"Tell dad and Owen I love them, and I'll be home soon," I expressed.

"Will do, baby. Love you," She replied.

"Love you, mom," I sighed before I hung up.

I arrived at my room and pushed open my door. "Well, well, well... Luna," Mila bowed playfully.

I blushed and glanced at the floor. "Ah! I'm so happy for you!" She squealed as she rushed towards me and threw her arms around me.

"Mila, he's amazing," I swooned.

"I can't wait to see Ethan's face when he realises... he fucked up!" She guffawed, jumping about.

"Are you coming back?" I raised my brow at her. She nodded and grinned, "of course I am!" She quipped. "Only to see the look on his sorry ass face." She smirked.

I chuckled and nodded. "He nearly marked me, Mila," I whispered.

"Really?" She asked. I nodded and blushed, "I wanted him too," I hid behind my hands as she giggled.

"Let Ethan feel the pain of you making sweet, sweet love with Alpha Leon, then let him mark you. It will also sever the bond with Ethan," She snickered.

I cackled and shook my head. "I want to be able to mark him... I don't know if I can with the rejection still in the air," I sighed.

She sighed and threw her hands in the air, "Fucking dog," she snarled.

Her hair fell back over her shoulders and down her back. I stared at her neck, and my mouth dropped open, "Mila, you've completed the bond!" I blurted.

She smiled shyly at me and nodded, "I didn't want to tell you in case it upset you talking about mates," She answered sheepishly.

I shook my head, "Mila, you're my best friend. I need to know these things." I deadpanned.

She grinned and pulled me towards my bed. I sat on the edge with her. "It was amazing. He was so gentle and loving," she had a faraway look on her face, and I giggled.

We both waited for our mates. Mateo was her first, and I'm so happy for her. I can't wait to feel what it's like. People say human sex is different to when we mate... We have the heightened senses that will make everything feel so much better. I don't know if I can last much longer without mating with Leon.

I didn't have these thoughts or feelings when I realised Ethan was my mate. With Leon, I can't think of anything else. I think because I know he wants me and just me. I'm ready to give him all of me.

I didn't pack anything for the trip because I have clothes at home. So, Mila and I were chatting and laughing before Leon came to get us.

"Are you nervous about going home?" Leon asked as we were driving to the airport... At least I think it's an airport; I never know with everyone.

"A little bit," I replied, "I'm nervous about you meeting my parents," I admitted.

"Oh, please, I'm adorable. Everyone loves me," He beamed.