our thing

"Are you sore? Are you ok? Did the mark take on me?" Leon rambled as we were cuddled together on the bed. I giggled and beamed up at him.

I opened my mind link for the first time in ages, "can you hear me?" I concentrated on Leon. I watched as his eyes brightened, and a huge smile appeared on his face.

"I love you, beautiful." He answered through the link, gazing down at me.

I sighed at his voice in my head. Athena purred and seemed settled too. Completing the bond has made me feel at ease; all the negative thoughts are dulled out by Leon constantly projecting his thoughts and feelings into me.

We got lucky, Ayla.′ Athena sighed.

"Has your wolf come back fully?" I questioned, peering up at him again.

He beamed at me. "He has. He wants to meet you." He replied, smiling.

"I'd love to meet him. We can go for a run together; I bet he's dying to be let out." I giggled.

"Right now... He's dying to get his paws on you." He smirked as he rolled me over onto my back.

"Leon," I moaned as he started grinding against me.

"Fuck... Keep saying my name." He groaned.

I chuckled breathlessly and circled my hips as someone knocked on the door.

I froze as I glanced at Leon. "It's Ethan." He growled.

"Quick, get me something to wear." I blurted.

He grabbed my skirt from the floor and chucked it at me. "Leon, put something on." I rolled my eyes.

"Why?" He shrugged.

I picked up his boxers, "you're naked... You don't know who else is out there with him." I snapped as I tossed him his boxers.

"Maybe they want to see." He chuckled, shaking his hips.

I turned and growled at him, "or not," he rolled his eyes as he pulled on his boxers.

I headed forwards to the door. I grabbed ahold of the handle as Leon stepped behind me. He moved my hair, so his mark was on view. I chuckled and pulled open the door.

Ethan was stood against the wall opposite; he looked rough. His neck had dried blood all over. His shirt was covered in claw marks. He'd done that to himself when Leon and I were together.

I knew that look. It was a look of complete devastation. I felt no remorse at all for him. The bond had disappeared... His scent no longer enticed me; it repulsed me.

I wriggled my nose as Leon stepped closer. I relaxed, feeling him behind me.

"What do you want?" I questioned.

"Are you happy?" He asked, glancing at the floor.

I raised my brow at him. I didn't know whether he was genuinely curious or he was asking if I was happy because of what he just went through. If it was the latter, then he's got a nerve after what he had done to me.

"I'm not happy you were hurt, no. Although I should be because you didn't care about putting me through it." I answered.

"I deserved that." He sighed, "I was asking if you're happy with... Alpha Leon." He stated.

"I am," I replied.

Leon wrapped his arm around my waist. I could feel his eyes on me; he was checking to see if I was ok.

"Good..." He took a deep breath, "I, Ethan Quinn, future Beta of Twilight Moon Pack, accept your rejection as my mate, now and forever." He braced himself against the wall as he felt the last of our bond breaking.

I didn't feel anything, and I was glad. I don't think I could take any more pain.

"I... I am sorry, Ayla." He muttered before he stumbled back along the corridor.

I turned and smiled at Leon. "Can we go home now?" I asked.

He grinned at me and pulled me into his arms. "You have a heart of gold, baby," he breathed.

"Wait!" I blurted as I shut the door.

"You marked me... The pack didn't know about me." I murmured.

"Ayla, most of the pack were there when we touched... They all heard me say you were mine." He chuckled.

"Plus, I've had so many congratulations through the mindlink." He grinned. "I've blocked the link now," he chuckled.

I breathed out in relief. "Before we go, I need to speak to Mila," I muttered.

"I think she's coming back with Mateo... He's putting himself through the training we have for Alphas. He'll be working one on one with Dominic." He smiled.

I beamed at him. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Mila yet. "Plus, we have a reason to visit America now. We have allies in this pack... Mateo will be an incredible Alpha." He commented.

I nodded and smiled at him. I stepped closer to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Thank you for saving me," I whispered.

He hooked his finger under my chin and raised my head. "You saved me," he breathed, "I was lost before you tumbled into my life... literally." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes as he snickered. "A story to tell our pups," he grinned.

I blushed and smiled at him. "I fucking love that shade on you," he groaned.

He rubbed his length against me, and I moaned. "What do you want, Alpha?" I asked in the most seductive voice I could muster.

"You... Always you," he growled before crashing his lips to mine. He walked backwards until my legs hit the bed; he pushed me back playfully. I giggled as I fell back.

"I'm in control this time, beautiful." He smirked.

I moaned and nodded. He pulled his boxers down slowly before kicking them off. He gripped the bottom of my skirt and pulled it off me.

He held his hand out, "take my hand," he breathed. I loved that this was our thing.

I placed my hand in his, and he tugged me up. I was sat on the bed with my legs hanging off. He grasped the bottom of my teeshirt and slowly pulled it over my head. His eyes went wide as he roamed his eyes over my chest.

He leaned forward and placed an open mouth kiss on each of my breasts. I moaned and arched my back, pushing my chest into him.

He pushed me back before standing at the bottom of the bed. He scanned his eyes over me greedily. By instinct, I covered my body with my hands. I wasn't as anxious as I thought I would be, but his gaze still made me feel self-conscious.

A low warning growl slipped his lips as he leaned forward and shook his head. "Don't hide from me," he grumbled.

He hovered over me, "your body is incredible..." he moaned, "feel what it does to me." He growled as he rubbed his thickness between my folds.

"Leon!!!!" Wade banged on the door.

I froze as Leon scrambled away from me. I rushed off into the bathroom as he pulled on his jeans. I wrapped myself in a dressing gown as I opened the door to listen.

"There's been an attack back at the pack." Wade fretted.

Leon growled and started storming around the room. "How many injuries?" He snapped.

"Two... Leon, they didn't make it." He whimpered.

I opened the door and immediately made my way to Leon. "Who?" He blurted. I felt him tense and wrap his arm around me.